• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - February Episode

DeletedUser1397

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! In the December episode of InnoGames TV, we have already hinted at two other features that are currently being worked on, on top of the Spells feature. Spells will offer us the possibility to give you new things to do ingame, as well as closing some dead ends: the Spells feature uses Relics of your non-boosted goods, which can currently not be used for anything. We will of course build on the basis we're presenting you with now, but we're starting off with three spells. While we're working on various new features for you to enjoy, we cannot give them all at once. But, they will come! And that's the important part, right? ;)

We are of course continuously fixing bugs. Check out the Release Notes for the details per update. :)

We are already able to use non-boosted relics for Ancient Wonders. No intelligent person is going to waste their relics which they might need for a future Ancient Wonder from one of the next guest races.

Setting a building to generate a spell every 16 hours is not "something to do".

DeletedUser

Sounds like complete disaster. Can't see any logical reason of building this in our towns, neither creating the useless spells with relics.
It's very hard to understand the reason why you wasted so much time on developing such lame feature. Maaaaybe your point was to create something new and deceptively attractive for newcomers as you set this technology so early in the tech tree. But do you care any more about your top players who have nothing at all to do for veeeery long and this feature will not change it? I guess not. If something better would have been released first, then we might be distracted with that cool new feature and complain less about this one. But you did contrary so don't be surprised when more top players will quit the game, as they were deceived and waited too long for nothing.

Oh, and i forgot.. don't forget to give us few obligatory quests, e.g. to build this new building, create a spell, throw 3 spells, etc. ;)

DeletedUser1397

Sounds like complete disaster. Can't see any logical reason of building this in our towns, neither creating the useless spells with relics.
It's very hard to understand the reason why you wasted so much time on developing such lame feature. Maaaaybe your point was to create something new and deceptively attractive for newcomers as you set this technology so early in the tech tree. But do you care any more about your top players who have nothing at all to do for veeeery long and this feature will not change it? I guess not. If something better would have been released first, then we might be distracted with that cool new feature and complain less about this one. But you did contrary so don't be surprised when more top players will quit the game, as they were deceived and waited too long for nothing.

Oh, and i forgot.. don't forget to give us few obligatory quests, e.g. to build this new building, create a spell, throw 3 spells, etc. ;)

Don't give them any ideas ...

DeletedUser

Don't give them any ideas ...
I think that if they have new feature almost ready to implement, they have related quests planned as well (if they are about to add them at all).
Doubt that such sarcastic post can suggest them anything. But.. there were already few obligatory quests about building something in the past that messed up our progress, so adding such quests on this occasion would show complete disrespect towards us.

DeletedUser1278

today allr ready 2 good players stopt playing on the dutch server
nice going inno
Its falling down like a deck off cards

Brummbaer

I totally agree with the others.

I have no cityspace for this useless building.
Culture boost: I have 125% Culture on my own - plus the help of my fellowship/neighbor so I reach 150 sometimes 160%.
Supply boost: I produce more supplies a day than I can use for training and production, so I sell them to the trader
Production boost: My storage is full with 100-thousands of gods I can't do anything with.

So what shall I do with these spells?

DeletedUser1397

I think that if they have new feature almost ready to implement, they have related quests planned as well (if they are about to add them at all).
Doubt that such sarcastic post can suggest them anything. But.. there were already few obligatory quests about building something in the past that messed up our progress, so adding such quests on this occasion would show complete disrespect towards us.

I was also being sarcastic.

DeletedUser

If you have 100' of thousands of gods brummbeaer, you should send some by my city. Those godless heathanistic denizens of my village surely could use the help.

DeletedUser1075

I agree, looking at this new building without the context of the other two changes still coming is not inspiring. The building takes too much space for people early in their path to build without a lot of sacrifice. And it doesn't seem worthwhile for people who have reached the end of the tech tree. Now I might have given serious thought to building it for a spell that would give me an insta-scout, but I can't justify the space just for the three spells there.

I'll withhold judgement until I see the other changes and whether they make this one worthwhile. I do hope that the quest to build this is declinable though. It takes just under two days to scout a province now, so ~2 weeks to get a new expansion, and I'm already out of room. If I have to wait for four expansions (2 months!!!) just to place a building I don't want and will destroy once built, I'm going to be cranky. I have better uses for the expansions I'm working towards.

EDITED: I see now that the 20 spaces is total, not on a side. The building looked larger in the video because of the small size of the town it was added to. So just 4x5. I'm still not interested in spending nearly a full city expansion slot on something that doesn't yet provide any benefit to the game for me. And I still hope the quest is declinable, otherwise I will be waiting nearly two weeks, plus build time, before I can finish the quest and then sell the building and put something useful in that space. (And then I'll probably find three other quests requiring me to use spells - now that would really make me cranky).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1397

I agree, looking at this new building without the context of the other two changes still coming is not inspiring. The building takes too much space for people early in their path to build without a lot of sacrifice. And it doesn't seem worthwhile for people who have reached the end of the tech tree. Now I might have given serious thought to building it for a spell that would give me an insta-scout, but I can't justify the space just for the three spells there.

I'll withhold judgement until I see the other changes and whether they make this one worthwhile. I do hope that the quest to build this is declinable though. It takes just under two days to scout a province now, so ~2 weeks to get a new expansion, and I'm already out of room. If I have to wait for four expansions (2 months!!!) just to place a building I don't want and will destroy once built, I'm going to be cranky. I have better uses for the expansions I'm working towards.

EDITED: I see now that the 20 spaces is total, not on a side. The building looked larger in the video because of the small size of the town it was added to. So just 4x5. I'm still not interested in spending nearly a full city expansion slot on something that doesn't yet provide any benefit to the game for me. And I still hope the quest is declinable, otherwise I will be waiting nearly two weeks, plus build time, before I can finish the quest and then sell the building and put something useful in that space. (And then I'll probably find three other quests requiring me to use spells - now that would really make me cranky).

That's if you can even sell it. I can see it being like a barracks.

DeletedUser213

I think too many people want instant gratification.
The Magic Academy is just one of a series of developments which will add together to create a more interesting and enjoyable game.
These new features need to be added in an orderly and systematic way, but it sounds like people want to jump from beginning to end without stopping at anything in between. It is very complicated, and can't move that quickly.
Have a little more patience, folks. Good things are coming.

DeletedUser

I think too many people want instant gratification.
The Magic Academy is just one of a series of developments which will add together to create a more interesting and enjoyable game.
These new features need to be added in an orderly and systematic way, but it sounds like people want to jump from beginning to end without stopping at anything in between. It is very complicated, and can't move that quickly.
Have a little more patience, folks. Good things are coming.

We can pray that Good things are coming !

But I wouldn´t fight every day for one or maybe two spells that give me a little production boost, therefor I can invest the space in an additional production or cultural building.

Maybe with new spells it could be usefull but now definitly not.
You could start a thread for sugestions of new spells, in this thread are already some ideas.

DeletedUser

My questions is: why introduce the Academy and Wonders into early game play at all?

We all know that it takes a while to get the rhythm of the game - figure out what's important, how to strategize and how to progress. Spells and Wonders only serve to complicate matters for early players; rather than resulting in player retention, my guess is it will result in player frustration. The more difficult it is to progress, the more players quit.

Since the Academy doesn't offer Spells appealing to advanced players, the developers must have intended it to entice / interest beginner players. Can any of us conceive of a scenario where a beginner player will receive a net benefit from the Academy? I think not. So here we have a game development which not only isn't beneficial, it's not even benevolent.

Are we supposed to think of this game as killer-PvD[evelopers]? Are these guys malevolent or just clueless?

DeletedUser519

Can any of us conceive of a scenario where a beginner player will receive a net benefit from the Academy?
The only scenario I could think of would be the player that has un boosted manufactories and wanted a bonus for that building

DeletedUser

We could ask the same about certain players.

I'm trying to give Inno the benefit of the doubt, even with today's new announcement that Wonders will contribute to score. But it's hard to ignore the numbers:

Interestingly, Wonders scoring will be somehow proportional to KP spending. So, when we add up KP requirements for the four, we get a per grid cost of between 130 and 140 KP per grid square. If scoring means that 1 KP equals 1 point, that would result in score similar to the T1 updates (where Planks, for example, are 140/grid score).

If we are to believe that this decision to give score for Wonders is unplanned - that it's perhaps in response to our requests - we would have to be surprised at the perfect coincidence where the KP costs will render an ideal scoring matrix. It's statistically unlikely, I think.

If we instead believe that this decision is merely a delayed announcement of a planned development, then "malevolent" is a reasonable adjective to apply to such a developer motive. To release an important feature, withhold relevant criteria for making strategic building decisions, then belatedly appear like "good guys" by giving us something we want - of course after laughing to themselves for three months watching many of us give away all our KP to others while deferring building based on the niggardly nature of the Wonders...this would qualify as killer PvD[eveloper].

If they decide to release the matrix ahead of its implementation - giving us time to adopt our strategies - I'll be inclined to accept the "benevolent developer" model. We do love challenges - not a disinformation process.