• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

DeletedUser778

You have discovered 130 city fields with actually a city on it? How is this happening?
I have discovered 142 city fields, but actually most are empty since month, so i have only 50 neighbour cities...

Brummbaer

Actually all cities fields are covered. Weeks ago a lot of them were empty because non-players were deleted, but they filled up the empty fields with new beginners. I took a look in my undiscovered regions around. All are covered with cities. I think I'm lucky to live in the right region this time. Far in the north and north west region are empty places. Weeks ago a lot of places were empty around me and I could not pay my manufactories. Actually I'm out of supplies.
(I took a view onto your citiy and the surrounding. It looks like you live in the nowhere.)

Sorry, I would not start a new discussion about empty places.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1358

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Make SOME quests that cannot be completed more than every 3 hours? For quests that could be completed often, make the OK button not clickable instead, until the timer is off. Like this, you control the amount of times we can do some quests each day, but at least we can skip the quests that block us.

What do you all think?

Jixel

Brummbaer - I think you misunderstood - I was suggesting the wholesaler 5:1 (or 1:5) ratio to be applied on top of the 10:1 ratio between coins and supplies, i.e. the final rate would be 1:50.
Your 1,800,000 coins would buy 36,000 supplies at the wholesaler.

Anyway, if you can raise 1,800,000 coins, you could do the "raise 150k" repeatable quest at least 10 times and get 100,000 supplies.

With my suggestion, you'd get 36,000 supplies - but only by spending that 1,800,000 coins.
With the repeatable quests, you could get 100,000 supplies - and you'd also get to use the coins (e.g. on upgrades, wholesaler for Goods, scouting).

Basically, I'm suggesting a compromise solution:
- Inno apparently wants to slow the game down a bit
- Players don't want to get stuck due to lack of Supplies

That's what my suggestion does - high-level players (and how many get nearly 2m coins from visiting ?) would still get something back for their efforts, but not as much as currently. Mid-level and low-level players, who were most impacted by the quest change, would be less likely to get completely stuck, and hopefully then less likely to abandon the game.

DeletedUser240

This all make no sense, we may scream and shout whatever we want its no use , so feedback is also useless.
Muf-Muf may say 20 times to continue to give feedback but i think everything has been said a hundred times now.

The mistake is completely for innogames , instead of first asking our feedback , then changing the quest (not having the same you can't decline) in more apropriate quest . Then you make an upgrade, not an upgrade like this, this was a downgrade pffffffffff.

And again i receive build altar of the forfathers and have to wait 19h+ before i can decline it , hip hip hourra.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1009

Well, finally some good came from all of this. Not implanted in live servers.
And great you want to fix it up before you do implant it.

However, we all know it takes you forever to actually come up with something.
So why do we have to continue to suffer from this BS in the mean time?

How badly do you want us to stop playing?

DeletedUser651

Scratch that last comment. It didn't take that long. I am now out of supplies. I cannot produce any goods. I cannot even set goods. I cannot train anything. I cannot add culture. I cannot even upgrade the new workshops I have been frantically building all week.

Game over.

DeletedUser1095

Same here. I never counted, but I think I have less than 50 neighbors :(

I invite everyone to look me up on the map to admire the wasteland. I've discovered 97 city-fields, but only 20 of them have cities on them, and only half of those (at most) are actually active. Not much motivation to keep exploring.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Make SOME quests that cannot be completed more than every 3 hours? For quests that could be completed often, make the OK button not clickable instead, until the timer is off. Like this, you control the amount of times we can do some quests each day, but at least we can skip the quests that block us. What do you all think?

That would certainly make a lot more sense than the current debacle.
I just waited 24 hours to dismiss either "upgrade main hall" (I hate the look of the later main halls) or "train 1000 units" (which will take days, since I'm training treants nine at a time). I chose to dismiss the "upgrade" ... and got "produce 3 crystal balls", which is a waste of time and resources. Back to the deep-freeze, to join Corseforever. What fun

DeletedUser651

Supply-less.

This is so weird! My city is empty. No people walking around. zzzz over all my factories and the barracks......I have a couple of lowly workers building a house or two, and the sounds of the hammers just echo through the town. A once thriving metropolis has been reduced to this. And all because the mean ogres came in and destroyed our way of life.

The people are in mourning.

I have declared this a holiday for them all. I shall call it.....No Labor Day and it will be a day that will live in infamy.

DeletedUser

I am down to coming over to this game once a day, if that, to collect, and advance the quests to yet another that I am unable to do, since I have maxed out not only the space, but all my buildings are level 15.

I'm only going to put up with this for x long. If you do not fix this mess you caused before too long, I am throwing in the towel. Developers, you seem to think you have a captive audience. You don't. You removed what little bit of fun those of us who have completed the tech tree and maxed out the space and the level of our buildings, could have.

DeletedUser594

Hi all, got a tip for quest junkies :) Ignore, ignore and when your done
ignoring do some more ignoring! Same goes for City expansion and the
map! As long as there is no techtree update this game doesn't make
sense at all! Never did I ever experience so much silly stuff ever in any
game ever! From where I'm sitting it looks like the devs are not really
what they want to make us believe! Somebody's got to be kidding!
I'll still come here to collect as there is no play left for me!!
I think Inno should shut this down and refund all diamonds/money
players have spend on this disaster!!!!!!!!!:mad:

DeletedUser

I think the game's 9 months old now already ... That means the dev's had developed this game before 9 months back with whatever little content they had and after that for the next 9 months There has been no development going on at all for the game ...does the dev's of this game need more than 9 months to add new content every time ?? I can understand there was lot of bug fixing and minor changes were made to the existing content during these 9 months but that doesn't mean the main activity of bring in the new content itself is never worked upon .... The actual content given in this game is only 4-5 months worth of playing even with the slowest possible progress (I was playing it that way myself and still finished it in 5 months after i started playing it - 6 months if add in a few unwanted upgrades of unnecessary buildings) ... So what were they actually doing for the last 9 months after this game was introduced?? I mean even FOE always has something concrete to show us about upcoming things in the game within just a couple of months since any new content is added ... it took 9 months for the dev's of this game to give us just an idea what the next content of the game will be ... then they go on to stop the players with whatever little bit of activity they were able to do in this game ?? And they expect players to be patiently waiting for all that time without having absolutely nothing to do in the game .....Seriously ???

EDIT: Actually if I look at the first date when this forum's rules were created its almost going to be a year since all this started and not 9 months as mentioned above ... SO that means the dev's needed 11 - 12 months to just give us an idea of the new content ?? A full year needed for the dev's to bring in new content with half the year nothing to do in the game for the players ??

DeletedUser1232

yesterday blocked for 2 quest asking for 3 days production...
today blocked, 1 quest other 3 days production...
a quest "build an altar forefathers" done selling one and re-building (I have not space) losing coins and now...
blocked other 24 hours for the quest 500 sorceress.
It's impossible move on, waiting the quest for encounters looking for expansion, materials are scarce and can not build...
Do something, you can not ignore us!!
GAME OVER... GAME OVER... GAME OVER

DeletedUser590

I want to underline several things :

1. Of course, quests are not the main focus of the game, and they should not be. Yet, the way this issue has been treated from the beginning of this discussion shows poor consideration to the players, and this lack of consideration is to me more difficult to bear than the silliness of the quests as they are now (and I don't say the quests are bearable, of course !). I would personnaly consider asking now for more feedback to the players would be really very rude ! You have been asked by many of us to make one step backwards on the beta server, this request has been completely ignored so far…

2. Indeed, this issue reveals other failures you should focus on. Yes, the game looked promising at the beginning, but I'm affraid teasing players with hypothetic further upgrades is not enough to maintain their residual motivation. We need to see that Elvenar's team has another strategy than artificially slowing down the game.

3. You may consider that present angry players quitting the game would not be an issue, but it will ! Look at the map, and you'll see that you will need to recruit a lot of new players to go on testing. So better for you going on with present players and trying to find a way to make things go a smoother way with them. This requires more consideration to them and at least to some of their proposals and requests. This requires also explicit, specific and definite plans in a very short notice. If you have such plans, it is high time to reveal them now.

PS : The freezer goes on getting colder and colder.

DeletedUser1037

Inno's devs should ask themselves one question:

Why are people playing games?
The answer is very easy: they want to have fun. Is it fun to wait and wait and wait, while you have absolutely nothing to do except of collecting some coins / supplies / goods? No, Inno, it isn't. Not for me, and it seems also not for many other Elvenar-Players.

Atm this game is for most of us only frustrating, boring, and a reason to be annoyed. Lots of moods we exactly don't want to have.

What do you think, how long will beta-testers stay here, before they are so sad, that they are leaving the game? And be sure, most of them will not write in this forum. They will go without a word. It is really so easy.

Most annoying atm: No official comment since Friday!
Do you want to sit out this crisis? It won't work.

DeletedUser118

Lisandella, you won't be getting replys from any official member of Innogames on weekends cuz they don't work on those days.

However, I think we gave enough feedback for now and also showed them enough ideas to help them go on in the game. Lets not repeat ourselves over and over again and let them come up with something now.

We've done our job, lets see them doing theirs. :)

Dear all,

Thanks again for the many pages of feedback you have been providing us with over the past week. We already said it before, but we really appreciate this massive amount of feedback, especially because it was given in such a short time. It has been a hectic week for us because of this, so we have unfortunately not been able to reply to this thread every single day. But, and that is more important, we did take the time to thoroughly read every single post that was made. We want to improve Elvenar together with you all, and we hope that you want to be part of that cooperation as well. We realise that there are still many questions (not all of which we currently have an answer for), but please allow us to try and answer at least the following as well as we currently can:
  1. What have we done with all this feedback so far?
  2. What feedback could we possibly still need?
  3. Where are we going from here?

1. What have we done with all this feedback so far?
First of all, we have read everything that you posted on our forum. We then took this information and structured it in such a way that our game designers could more easily work with it, of course taking all your feedback into consideration. You can probably imagine that this summary is still quite large, and contains a lot of good and valid points made by you, as well as your suggestions for improvements.

2. What feedback could we possibly still need?
This question has been asked more than once now, and we feel that this is a valid question, especially if you have the impression that you have already said everything there was to say on the topic. But, still the answer to the question is quite easy: we need (and want!) all feedback that we can get. Even if you repeat something that has already been mentioned, that is valuable information, because it tells us how many people are actually thinking about the same things. Whatever you do, please do not hold back on posting what you feel needs to be posted. And, when you do, please post as many details as you can, and try to answer the "Why?"-question as often as you can.

3. Where are we going from here?
You already know that we will at least not go forward with this feature in its current state. This means that we will not implement it on the live servers tomorrow. Why are we doing this? Easy: because of your feedback. At the same time, we can hear you ask "Why don't you disable it on Beta as well?" - well, that was a tough decision. We want to improve the system that we have now, and we have a few ideas that we think will go a long way already (we cannot share details yet at this point, but we hope to be able to do so very soon). If we would remove the feature, we would be back at square one, and that is not really desirable either. Also, it would mean that we would have to disable the limit entirely, then develop another solution and reinstate another limit again. Going back and forth from limit to no limit all the time only causes confusion for many players, and that is not a very good situation to be in either, and that wouldn't be nice for anyone. Instead of moving back, we would like to keep going forwards. On Beta, we realise that many players are "just" playing the game, but please do realise that this Beta is here to test the game and any new features while collecting as much feedback as possible, first and foremost. We are working very hard to come up with new solutions and improvements of the current system based on your feedback, but these will take some time to fully develop and implement. That said, we do hope to have them done soon just as much as you do.

We hope that this reply answers a lot of your recent questions. Please keep this discussion thread alive and keep posting your thoughts! We will continue reading and forwarding the points that are made. Help us help you. :)