• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Changes in declining quests

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the changes in the quests system, as announced here (click).

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1095

Instead of trying to force people to do quests we don't want to do, how about improving the quests so that they're at least slightly interesting? The rewards are completely unimaginative - why not give units, diamonds, nonboosted goods packages, extra happiness , free scouting forays, etc etc, instead of the same old coins/supplies/occasional boosted goods that we already have enough of?

DeletedUser1037

The only result of this "improvement": even more starters will leave the game. It's hard enough to get coins and supplies in the beginning of the game, why are you making it more and more difficult?

And what about players, which are now waiting for new technologies? There are so much quests that I must decline (complete xy building upgrade f.e. - my town is at the moment finished) - and now I have to wait 2 days to decline "Complete one boosted manufactory upgrade" and "Complete a manufactory upgrade"?
This change makes absolutely no sense for me.

DeletedUser651

This is insane. The game is already slow as molasses. With this new change....it will takes months...and I mean months....to get to one expansion. I won't be able to make goods. I will have nothing to trade with anyone. I need those repeating quests so I can get the supplies and coins it takes to reset the factories. Without those....no goods. No trades.

The game will stop. Cold.

DeletedUser967

I hate it. 1 quest per day doesn't make sense where we have many of repeatable quests to do, 3/4 of them doesn't make sense - completly no profitable for us, but we need decline 7quests to accept this one good quest. Waiting 1 week for that? Nonsense.
Some time ago when I did many repeatable quests for goold/suply per day and got tousands of goods was good, now I don't do these quests so that should't be problem for me but looking in future, on the new players - it is really strange.

Limit of that should be - it is true, but not 1 per day. This "feature" - trust me - will be much more worse than better solution.

DeletedUser

Most quests are repetetive. Only numbers do change in them like instead of two workshops it says three in the next so I don’t agree with the argument that they are for guidance purpose.. Yes in the beginning they are but after a while they feel more like “spam” quests. Even after I have upgraded all my workshops to level 15, I still get quests saying “upgrade at least two workshops to lvl 6 or higher”. No guidance here since I am ahead of the quest!

I think the quests should focus more on the accomplishments and not be like “I don’t care if you have built or ugraded those buildings, you will do it again just because I ask it”. Quests like “have 3 lvl 15 workshops” are much better because if you have not done it, you know you will eventually do it and not want to skip the quest. But if you already have done that, you will get rewarded for being a good player and completed it ahead.

Quests should not continually be there just for the sake of having a side activity. They should be rare and take time to complete if necessary and follow accomplishments or ask for real challenges.

DeletedUser651

Worse than all that....players are used to playing like this. They have built their cities around this. They have built factories around these repeating quests. They have built fellowships around the goods. They have built friendships around the fellowships.

You are taking a game they like and throwing on the brakes.....

SCREEEEEECH!!!!!

DeletedUser264

We have found that skipping quests leads to massive problems in the game's behavior and its balance.
Wonderful improvement in the game, that change will cause massive exodus of players so the game will work even smoother. ;) Why, instead of improving the game, are you only decreasing culture bonuses, making quest requirements higher or making skipping quests nearly impossible?

DeletedUser

Build it, upgrade it sell it again and again is the only way to complete manufacture upgrades when you are at maximum level until you open knowledge tree 500 books down the line, is this what is intended as it seems you have just killed the game for many who have just started like me.
Bye Bye

DeletedUser

Fine by me, I don't want to have continual quests popping up, they are stupid not balanced at all, 10k coin for completing a quest that takes 3 days, pffft!

DeletedUser967

Weak players from early stage of game everything what they do it through the repeatable quests. I did it, many others did it, 50k gold for 4,5k supply etc and making it really often is really big profit for weak players. Now - weak players will be weak much longer time, now they don;t have possibility to get better position in ranking because others did these quests when that was for normal use, now it is impossible, they'll leave because they'll lose ranking points what for many players is important.

No repeatable quests = no gold/supply = no good = no upgrade possibility && no research technology == nothing to do and can say good bye. I see it exactly that - not on me, just on all new players and actuall weak players.

DeletedUser651

I can't even tell the players on the US server about this because everyone I even mentioned this to so far has told me they are quitting.

Are you sure you want to do this?

First of all, thanks everyone for the feedback so far already! This discussion will certainly help us with finding any issues improving the game by solving these issues.

Instead of trying to force people to do quests we don't want to do, how about improving the quests so that they're at least slightly interesting? The rewards are completely unimaginative - why not give units, diamonds, nonboosted goods packages, extra happiness , free scouting forays, etc etc, instead of the same old coins/supplies/occasional boosted goods that we already have enough of?
If quests are indeed "too boring" (which is what I feel is what you're trying to say here?), then that is a problem indeed. The suggestions you made are nice ones! It would certainly be cool if we could achieve that every quest is both enjoyable and challenging for everyone. If that is not the case already, then we need to improve on that. :)

The only result of this "improvement": even more starters will leave the game. It's hard enough to get coins and supplies in the beginning of the game, why are you making it more and more difficult?
The start of the game is balanced in such a way that you shouldn't get stuck. At the very beginning, the buildings may indeed be built quite fast, and the building times do become longer over time. This is to "slow down" the game a little bit, but it should not feel like you're hitting a brick wall out of nowhere. If it does, please share with us where exactly that does happen, so that we can improve!

And what about players, which are now waiting for new technologies? There are so much quests that I must decline (complete xy building upgrade f.e. - my town is at the moment finished) - and now I have to wait 2 days to decline "Complete one boosted manufactory upgrade" and "Complete a manufactory upgrade"?
This change makes absolutely no sense for me.
What does this change have to do with the players who're waiting for new technologies, exactly? Is it that you are done building, and cannot do more upgrades? This would indeed be unfortunate. We are working on new expansions of the research tree, and we hope to be able to reveal more on that in the near future. Until then, please stay tuned! :)

This is insane. The game is already slow as molasses. With this new change....it will takes months...and I mean months....to get to one expansion. I won't be able to make goods. I will have nothing to trade with anyone. I need those repeating quests so I can get the supplies and coins it takes to reset the factories. Without those....no goods. No trades.

The game will stop. Cold.
Elvenar is not meant to be played through within a few weeks. It is meant to be able to enjoy for many months. Also, see it as a new challenge: building the buildings in your city to make your economy thrive on its own, without relying on sidequests all the time (or did you enjoy doing the same quest over and over and over?). ;)

but we need decline 7quests to accept this one good quest
If you need to decline quests, then there is a problem with those quests. Could you tell us which quests you "need" to decline, and why that would be? It would help us improve your game experience!

Quests should not continually be there just for the sake of having a side activity. They should be rare and take time to complete if necessary and follow accomplishments or ask for real challenges.
I couldn't agree more to this statement. :)

Fine by me, I don't want to have continual quests popping up, they are stupid not balanced at all, 10k coin for completing a quest that takes 3 days, pffft!
Could you please help us improve by telling us which quest this is about exactly? We want the rewards to be properly balanced, of course. If that is not the case already, we can certainly look into that! We are always looking for feedback! :)

DeletedUser590

I think the way you introduce this change in the game is very rude !
First of all, I don't see how far the quests "are rather meant to provide guidance through the game", this is really not the case.
Some quests do make no sense after you have developped your city. Instead of slowing down the game, you should think of introducing relevant quests, depending on the level reached in the game.
I fear the game will not survive to this really insane idea. At least, before doing such a change, you should have asked before to players what they expected from the quest system.

I notice that there is no positive feedback on this very, very bad idea. I'm seriously thinking of stopping the game, despite the fact I was an active player till now.

Ite missa est :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I have been enjoying the game for many months Muf-Muf...but only when I discovered the repeating quests. Until I discovered them, I was a new player who was ready to quit. And that was back when I was very very early in the tech tree. The game was insanely long and boring back then.

Once I found the repeating quests the game was playable and enjoyable. Sure, things still took days and days to accomplish, but at least I had something to do.

Now....now I don't even understand what I am to do. Tear down my entire city? Make one batch of goods from one factory per day? Oh..won't that be fun.

I am not kidding...I cannot even mention to other players or they will all quit.

Do you all REMEMBER the problem with all the dead cities? You are aware that a TON of players quit this game very fast because it is BORING. Now you want to slow the game more?

I can appreciate that you have all realized that players have found a way around spending money on this game and you need money to run. I get that. I really do. But, you have tweaked this game slowly and tweaked it and tweaked it on beta to finally find a game that keeps players here...and this change...this change is a grenade. You might lose everyone in one fell swoop. And once gone, you won't get them back.

Deleted User - 1954

I have never ever declined a quest before and will not change my behaviour. My city is nearly on top and I am eager to see, how many quests I have fulfilled already (and can click away without more to do for me) ;-)
My tech-tree is ready and my goal at game is to have built every possible at least one time - great graphics was reason no1 to play this beta - this has not changed ;-)

DeletedUser1037

The start of the game is balanced in such a way that you shouldn't get stuck. At the very beginning, the buildings may indeed be built quite fast, and the building times do become longer over time. This is to "slow down" the game a little bit, but it should now feel like you're hitting a brick wall out of nowhere. If it does, please share with us where exactly that does happen, so that we can improve!

I've started a town of humans on the first US-Server, and in the beginning it is hard to get enough coins/supplies to improve houses and workshops and build the expensive culture buildings (butcher, monster fountain).
You can only get along with the "Collect Coins" and "Collect Supplies" quests. But in the middle of the techtree you don't have the coins quest and you always get stuck because of lacking supplies (you need them for researching, building, upgrading - and you can't produce enough in your little workshops).
So it won't be possible to improve a workshop for example, because your builders do anything else, or you don't have enough resources on this day. And what now? Waiting for tomorrow and hoping to get a realizable quest? It will be frustrating for new players, the will have the feeling of standstill and they will leave the game.

The limited number of builders slows down enough, there shouldn't be more restrictions. Why did you implement declineable quests, if the players should not decline them???

What does this change have to do with the players who're waiting for new technologies, exactly? Is it that you are done building, and cannot do more upgrades? This would indeed be unfortunate. We are working on new expansions of the research tree, and we hope to be able to reveal more on that in the near future. Until then, please stay tuned! :)
I can't research - I've finished techtree.
I can't fight - the knowledge points would be lost.
I can't improve my city - every building is on level 15 now.
And now I can't do declineable quests any longer - for what reason I should login at all?

DeletedUser283

• upgrade boosted manufactory : can't do, everything is level 15 and do not need to produce more goods so far -> skip quest
  • upgrade workshop : all my workshops are level 15 (see above) and I do not need more supplies -> skip quest
  • upgrade residence : everything level 15, blah-blah-blah -> skip quest
  • build an altar of the forefathers : you guys serious ? :mad: this quest made sense after the altar was researched, to force us to build one (and this is guidance !) but the repeatable quest makes no sense at all : it returns less coins and supplies than the cost of the altar in the first place -> skip quest
  • produce armchair, fireworks, etc... : sorry, I do not produce goods on 24h cycles; do you want me to do so, and only spend 1 hour on the game daily ? (collect, launch collection again and help fellows and active neighbours ? I just stopped fighting after having conquered my 134th province so I would not need to be more active than this) -> skip quest
  • gain relics, solve encounters, complete a province : see above, I stopped fighting until new content is available to avoid throwing KPs down the drain -> skip quest
  • gain 100 culture : what for ? if I do not build nor upgrade anything, I do not need more culture ! -> skip quest

to sum it up : give us quests that make sense, and we will not skip them; preventing us from skipping quests that do not apply to our city is simply showing us no respect.
bring on new content instead