• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.18

DeletedUser651

I am an elf. Animations are turned on. Just like Sorella I see a few stragglers here and there that disappear rather quickly. After I have been on a while I hardly see any.

DeletedUser118

In my city I see a few ppl running around but they disappear as fast as they show up again. Oh and yes, I'm an elf as well.

Marindor

And do you experience them disappearing after a while as well, or right from starting up the game?

DeletedUser118

Yeah. Its like they come and go.

Sometimes you can watch one passing a building but disappearing once it reaches the next. Not like before where they ran down entire streets.

DeletedUser224

I am so happy to fight right now ... I believe that my elves are all fighting, I don't see any elf walking in my city :p yeeeeeee!!!

Alright, what we found:

- Citizens are not completely gone in cities
- Citizens are not as frequent as they used to be (this is normal)
- Citizens appear quite suddenly, walk a few steps, and then disappear again even more suddenly

What we feel that you guys expect/think, is (please correct me if I'm wrong):
It is OK that citizens are not as frequent as before, but you do expect them to walk longer distances (e.g. to the end of the street). Having them disappear so suddenly is not the way it should be.

Also, when citizens walk longer lenghts in your city, the cities' streets would probably seem less "empty" already.

Is that right? :)

DeletedUser205

couldn't describe it better.

but could cope without dwellers if you need that to fix some of the other problems. dwellers are only deco without any necessary

DeletedUser

Yes, it's true: there are many other and most important problems to fix, sorella.
We'd only informed mods about this unnecessary problem and they've politely answerd us about. Nothing more :)

DeletedUser651

One of the things I liked most about this game from the start was that this was a building game. One of the best parts of building streets was that if I kept them in a loop then the people never disappeared. It was like setting up train tracks. I was hoping that when I got my city completely finished I would be able to go back and make sure the loop was completed again (somewhere along the way I stopped the looping).

I loved having all the people around because it made this seem a lot more like a big city. As the city gets bigger, I would expect more citizens milling about. That said, if the people are crashing the game, well, I guess they have to go inside, but if there was a way to get them back the way they were before, that was really very cool.

It seems that whenever we have an update we go two steps forward and two steps back. I wouldn't worry so much if this was still in beta, but these issues are being brought to the live servers.

DeletedUser594

It seems that Firefox and Flash drive are at War! Trying to load Elvenar it has been
stopping it of late stating the shortcut Flashdrive is creating is out of date!
I had to answer a popup asking whether I want to continue! I can't state of any other
program since I only use Firefox to play Elvenar..........

DeletedUser

Don't worry, GrafKoks2: I use Google Chrome and it's the same since 2 weeks...:confused:

DeletedUser

If you have 64-bit system I highly recommend waterfox. No slow loading

DeletedUser

I don't know that browser, Drialik and I'm not an expert about computers and similars...:oops: