• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader [Trader] Placing trades in "pools"

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser607

Summary
Placing trades in "pools" for which other players can decide how much of that pool they want to trade, instead of fixed offers.

Description
A player can set up the amount of goods he wants to sell, and a trading rate. for example sell 1000 planks, accept marble at 1:1 and crystal at 4:1. This offer is now just one line in the trading menue. Furthermore the buyer can define that he wants 500 planks of those 1000 and wants to give marble for it.

Motivation
So far, every player can enter as many seperate trades as he wants, with no limitations. For example the vendor offers 10 trades à 100 of magic dust versus 100 of elixir. That is one full page of trades just for one offer of one player. This idea would tidy up the trade menu, which is currently set to show the offers of the 200 closest neighbors (I guess this limit is set for perfomance issues). There would be just 1 line for each resource a player is offering.

For the vendor, things would be easier because he can set up the rate and the amount he wants to offer. For the buyer, things would become easier because he can buy as much as he wants and is not bound by the package size from the vendor. (vendor offers 10000 scrolls, but the buyer wants just 100? no problem).

Possible downsides
Would probably mean rewriting the code (so will cost time to implement). Might also be difficult when players want to trade outside of standard ratios (like 1:1 or 1:2). Could be avoided by saying e.g. "10.000 Marble for 12.590 Planks" and let the game mechanics do the ratio maths.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

I like the idea of placing "pools" of offers, of which others can take a certain amount.
Offer 20k marble for 20k planks and the others can decide if they want take it all or just 500 for 500, etc,
But I would not mix it, because when I offer 20k marble for planks, steel and crystal for example i sure want something from all and not one, or most players only trading planks, so I end up with lots of planks, but no steel that I also need.

DeletedUser317

Indeed this would be a nice add to the trader.

I do not know if someone here ever played Grepolis, but the trader there is in the way described in the idea.

DeletedUser

This idea is also really interesting for me!!! ;)
In my neighbourhood, the most of the sellers put big quantity of goods in the market and almost always I'm not able to accept them and these offers stay on stand-by for a long time: that is frustrating :(
This solution'd be helpful for many of us and I strongly support it! I hope that devs'll implement this feature as soon as possible... :rolleyes:
Compliments Juni!!! ;)
Alessandro

DeletedUser317

In my neighbourhood, the most of the sellers put big quantity of goods in the market and almost always I'm not able to accept them and these offers stay on stand-by for a long time: that is frustrating :(

This is really a good point to see this implemented, because advanced players normally produce thousand of good at day, and taking in consideration the replacement of inactives with new players, will be nice for both of them old and new players, because of the diferent quantities of produced good, even more the diferent play styles. Per example some pleople prefer have a high culture bonus which lead to a small production of good, in the opposite case (no culture bonus at all ) , lead to high rate of production of good, well i do not know if i explained :D (my poor english is kicking me here)

DeletedUser

Don't worry, Eladamri: your explanation is absolutely clear and I've all understood about :D
In this forum there're many persons in the same situation about english language, as we're: the most important thing is to understand each others ;)

DeletedUser1677

Would save me a lot of time, and make me put op trades more often :D
Atm, I'm like: "hmm I should make some offers. But it takes so long time. Well, tomorrow".
Because if I put up an offer with 50.000 xx for 50.000, the chances that ppl can use it is small. So i make offers like 5x 2000 xx for 2000 xx and so on

SoggyShorts

kc0bki.png

Something like this, 8 trades reduced to 2-- much less clutter

nqqvtf.png

Now it's even optional if you want to allow players to buy smaller amounts (in case you want to offer a discount for a bulk purchase)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1637

100% agree, a review on how the trader works is essential.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Because of the complexity this idea would involve, for now it has been rejected. We will now archive this thread. :)