• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [New Feature] Something to do with Knowledge Points

DeletedUser408

YEs game devs need to figure out what to do with KP, many will either stay at teh end of a certain era or are at teh end of tech tree, we need something else to do with our KP, Many suggestions have been made , wont compare with FOE, but something needs to be done or players will leave. I understand not all features are doen most likely but before this goes open beta or live servers you want to maintain as many players as you can

Please think about it and since this is closed beta Communicate also, why not its not a secret many beta players are nearing end curretnly and do't play anymnore, you don't want that

DeletedUser

Actually it is open beta with us server live. But I get your point Mand

DeletedUser1231

I agree on the fact that we should do something for knowledge points Solicitating upon completion tree.
Indeed, the PK is the most important thing and the hardest to get in the game (much more than the resources I have in large stock ) and suddenly, in the finished shaft they serve in anything !
in about 2 months I finish the tree and I 'm really frustrated that my PK no longer serve me for nothing.
by cons if FOE type buildings are being made to sell our PK , it must take care not to over unbalancing the game with as has been done on FOE .
Civil engineering system would be for me the most interesting because it will offer new possibilities for the given bonus.
by cons it is actually necessary to offer a possibilitée to use the PK after the finite tree , whether trade or other goods counters .

DeletedUser

I've not completed yet the tech tree (I'm still at the middle of the penultimate era) and I can understand what you're feeling about it, but I'm not sure that in this beta version, for developers it could be a priority ;)

DeletedUser

As it is the Beta is meant to find bugs. But that does not mean the game should come to a complete stop. By now we should have some new feature even if it is ripped from another Innogame and placed here in Elvenar.

DeletedUser1247

while i wouldn't be a fan of a large amount of great buildings as in FOE, but having a special building such as a warehouse to increase your storage capacity with each level, i know the main hall does this but when you max it out at 4.4 mil coins and scout cost 2.4 mil more space is most welcomed and maybe a military attack bonus building....... another possibility could be to turn the trader into a GB and with each level reduce the cost of trading with undiscovered players/ and/or allow coin- supplies trading.... more possibilities? introduce a guild feature and where you can donate K-PTS to increase guild level and earn bonuses... make the builder a GB each level reduces building time..... so many things Inno's devs could do but its on them, i hope sooner rather then later as a lot will (or already have) leave game if no new content isn't added in timely fashion.

DeletedUser

Like the idea of them adding simular to FoE great builds, but maybe make them a neighbourhood wide ones. Meaning they are on the world map and anyone connected to them can donate to build them. Maybe youll need to use goods, supplys or gold to gain the boost from them every 24 hours or something. Just throwing this out there.

DeletedUser283

general statement : "if it is everybody's printer, no one ever feeds it paper"
local application : " if it is everybody's building, only those who have reached the very end of the tech tree will bother feeding it knowledge points, and only fools will feed it goods or anything else" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Let's summarise the ideas that have been mentioned in this thread:
  • Donate KP's in neighbouring cities (or in the future: guild members), somewhat like the Great Buildings in FoE. Example: Special buildings, like a warehouse to increase your storage capacity, a military building to increase your attack bonus and/or trader upgrades to reduce your default trader fee
  • Use KP's to reduce the trader fee for one specific trade
  • Trade KP's in the Wholesaler for coins, goods or supplies
  • Trade KP's for units
  • Use KP's to conquer provinces
Which idea do you all like best? :)

-----

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/kp-trades.2810/

DeletedUser594

Like the idea of using KP's to conquer provinces, but having said that,
I think the Techtree is a bit on the short side and should be added to!
Not near the end yet, but not that far off! Feeling is Elvenar will be loosing
Top players which wouldn't be very productive as there is nothing left to
do....They've been keeping Foe alive by adding new ages for over 3 years!
Anyhow something good will have to come, hopefully the devs are smart
enough to see that!!

ThaMartin

Great @Lauwi ! I like

"Donate KP's in neighbouring cities (or in the future: guild members), somewhat like the Great Buildings in FoE. Example: Special buildings, like a warehouse to increase your storage capacity, a military building to increase your attack bonus and/or trader upgrades to reduce your default trader fee"

the best! I also read a thread about Guilds and a possibility to work towards a special Guild Building or something... That idea appealed to me as well and you could integrate KP's as well as goods/coins/supplies for that :)

DeletedUser

The ideas that I prefer among all those proposed are:
  • Donate KP's in neighbouring cities (or in the future: guild members), somewhat like the Great Buildings in FoE. Example: Special buildings, like a warehouse to increase your storage capacity, a military building to increase your attack bonus and/or trader upgrades to reduce your default trader fee

:)

DeletedUser613

I like the idea about being able to acquire territory with knowledge points
I also like the idea about being able to buy units with knowledge points

DeletedUser778

Let's summarise the ideas that have been mentioned in this thread:
  • Use KP's to reduce the trader fee for one specific trade
  • Trade KP's for units
  • Use KP's to conquer provinces
I like the idea of special buildings.
The trader fee will be hopefully more or less irrelevant soon with guilds.
Coins, goods and supplies we can get with repeatable quest.
The need for units and the ability to conquer provinces also comes to an end sooner or later, so then the KP's are wasted again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser967

Omg Lauwi....again....again you have one of the greatest ideas :D
But I want say something again - what I said before, good to do will be invested our KP to some buildings - own buildings. Maybe make 1 special building for each race something like - Humans Statue and Elves Statue. Each one of levels could give us bonuses - culture, % to produce goods or coins/supply, % to attack in provinces etc. Each level could give us the same bonus( 1lvl: +100culture; 2lvl: +500culture etc ) or give us different bonuses ( 1lvl: +500culture; 2lvl: +5% to produce; 3lvl: +300culture & +5% to produce; 4lvl: +5% to dmg etc ).
Each one level will require much of KP and much levels to finish. I think this is better option because for what use KP in Wholesaler? We can do it for coins/supply/goods. KPs to conquer provinces doesn't make sense...for that we have units - please, don't kill PVE because then this game will be much more boring :( The same with units, we can do it for supply - it is really cheap to do and for what for KPs?

YES - well you see! It is some like Great Building, but unnecessaryfor all players YET. We need somethings to do NOW with KPs what devs can quickly make not something what can make in next year....thats IG devs and they'r lazy..:mad:

DeletedUser

Yes, it's true: if soon we'll have the guilds system, the trader fee'll become irrilevant...then I'd like to have something as special buildings with KP...;)