• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

I've got a bad feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser967

Graphics in Elvenar are really cool I like all of them for each building too :)

Alexander I think it is the best word for that feeling - nightmare :D

DeletedUser

...for me the word "nightmare" perfectly explains my feeling about that...:D
I agree with both of you, ulQuiorra and ophion: I've liked the graphic since the first day and that was the main reason for which I decided to start playing Elvenar!

ophion

As an elf...starting again as an elf would be a nightmare...and I wouldn't want to go there.
But starting as a human isn't so bad because it's all new.:)

DeletedUser

not for me, ophion: for me it's already sufficient to be an elf but I respect your opinion of course and I'll visit your human village! :)
I go to sleep...good night my friends!
By:esmile:

DeletedUser967

Here I play humans on PL version elves, but for me both are nightmare to start again when I know what is what and how does it work :p
Both are some different but...Elvenar is Elvenar only profession is different :p

DeletedUser1131

I have a rest of 6 or 7 neighbours :oops:. I hop they bring us together .

DeletedUser819

I turned to the German server, :rolleyes:
but I want to stay here in Beta too
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser1095

I have repeated this before. if the concept is flawed and then the game is flawed. I understand BETA and bugs, bugs can be fixed but can a flawed concept be repaired in a reasonable amount of time? I played Lagoonia, Rising Generals and kartuga, those games tried very hard to become good, and I tried to help but in the end Innogames called them a failure. Their collective communities tried to help but failed to get the game designers to listen.

(That was posted in another thread, but the questions I want to ask seem more related to this one.
Were Lagoonia, Rising Generals and Kartuga released on normal, nonbeta servers before Innogames declared them failures? Or does the fact that this one has "gone live" mean Innogames is not likely to shut it down as a failure?

And on a related note: When Innogames closes down a failed game, do they repay premium players for unused diamonds? Just curious!

Marindor

Were Lagoonia, Rising Generals and Kartuga released on normal, nonbeta servers before Innogames declared them failures? Or does the fact that this one has "gone live" mean Innogames is not likely to shut it down as a failure?

The games you mention never got to the stage we are currently in and there are indeed no intentions to close Elvenar! :)

And on a related note: When Innogames closes down a failed game, do they repay premium players for unused diamonds? Just curious!

In the games that didn't make it through the Beta phase, there was no actual payback but InnoGames did compensate these players by giving them the possibility to transfer their bought currency to other Inno games they played.

DeletedUser118

Lagoonia went live as far as I know. But just like the rest, it didn't turn out the way Innogames wanted it to be so they shut it down again. I can understand it oh so well cuz I tried playing during Beta and it was all boring.

Elvenar has made the next step from all Beta to having open worlds too. So its ahead of Kartuga and other failures. Still this does not mean this game won't be shut down at some later point as Innogames could still say its not running the way we want it to be.

I personally hope the team here won't let this game get as boring as Lagoonia. But for that we need content and we need it NOW!

DeletedUser1095

But for that we need content and we need it NOW!

We also need active players moved closer together, better balance in the battles, correction of the flaws in the "culture" concept and distrubution of boosted goods, and a "skip" button on quests requiring us to build/upgrade nonboosted goods. And/Or they should give us secondary boosts.

And since "eye candy" is the game's primary appeal, why not give some choices in how we want the more advanced buildings to look? The ones I'm now required to build look ugly to me.

Marindor

Please keep providing us with feedback like this, so we can keep forwarding it to our development team. Since we opened a little more than 4 months ago, a lot of changes have already been made due to community feedback (like redesigning the Goddess of Fertility and other buildings, changing the battle calculations, changes in culture etc). After making changes, feedback is at least as important as before these changes for this lets our development team know whether or not changes were sufficient.

We all know the examples, like the non-boosted good manufactory quests, where the changes that have been made, were still not perfect in the eyes of the community. With the new inactive player replacements for example, our development team monitors the new situation closely as well to see if things are ideal now and during this process, the community feedback is again, very valuable. We know (and our development team knows) that not every change will directly be ideal, but sometimes things have to be tried and feedback has to be received to be able to decide if a solution was sufficient or not.

This also means that things can take time. Evaluation of changes can take time, but so can readjusting things because they were not perfect from the start. Some things sound very simple to us, but can actually be quite a big job to accomplish because so many game features and calculations depend on each other. Apart from that, our development team is also very busy with fixing (crucial) bugs, implementing new game features, discussing community feedback, maintaining the servers etcetera. A crew of very dedicated people is currently working very hard on this game and a LOT of features are still to come!

Sometimes it might seem as if nothing is being done with the community feedback, but that's not the case. All feedback is forwarded to our development team and everything is being reviewed and (re)considered by our game developers. This doesn't always mean that things will change within a few weeks or months, but please do know that your feedback isn't wasted or viewed as invaluable.

Just to clarify this: We do hope that the opening of the live servers doesn't give everyone the impression that we/the Game Designers think that things are just fine the way they are now and there's nothing more to improve. We're still in an early development phase here and letting more players experience the game in their own language and providing us with feedback from different markets doesn't mean that development has ended. We know that there are still improvements to be made, features to be implemented and that we're far from delivering a finalized product. Opening up the language servers doesn't mean we stopped developing the game!

DeletedUser118

Nice statement Marindor. Lets just hope your words are also heared where its necessary. :)

However, you are mentioning some (crucial) bugs. What bugs are in the eyes of the dev team currently the most biggest ones that need to be worked on? Also what bigger features are currently worked on and which of them is probably the next to be added to the game?

DeletedUser

Marindor, your latest post explains us more than one milion of words: you've perfectly summarize the things which're really important for us and you've removed all at once, at least for me, dubts and misunderstandings that there've been arisen during these latest weeks.
Me for the first, I didn't know many of the things you've well explained and now I'm, and I'll be, more serene and relaxed about the great work that developers are doing day by day "behind the scenes".
Thank you and a sincere good work to all of you, Marindor! ;)
Alessandro :D

Marindor

However, you are mentioning some (crucial) bugs. What bugs are in the eyes of the dev team currently the most biggest ones that need to be worked on?

One of the biggest bugs was the loading issue at 62%/64% that prevented people from getting into the game. This one was really nasty for not everyone experienced these issues, it was hard to reproduce and multiple solutions had to be tried to resolve these issues. Finding the cause of a bug is a lot easier if everyone experiences the same problems but that was not the case here so it took a lot of time. This bug lasted for weeks, if not months and bugs that block players from logging in (of course) have the highest priority. Last week we implemented a hotfix and for now, the bug indeed seems to be terminated (FINALLY! :D )

Also what bigger features are currently worked on and which of them is probably the next to be added to the game?

The biggest new feature now that we hope to implement this summer at the lastest, is a Guild System! We don't know the exact details about this either, but from my personal point of view, a social/interaction stimulating feature like this will be very welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.