• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Show off your own city!

DeletedUser126

Biggest%2BAnimal%2BEQ.jpg

Pink Elephants :D

ophion

Firstly...there are some great looking cities in Elvenar...some are really impressive.
However...most of the cities I've seen are based on straight lines with rows of buildings that tend to look a bit boring and not at all elvish.:)
I'm sure that a lot of us are not adding trees because we dont have the added bonus for them...but if you add enough of them...you get the benefit.:)
And...how can you have an elvish city without trees and zig zaggy roads?

Come on people...use your imagination and leave the boring rows of buildings to FoE.:)

ophion

kZkehgJ.jpg
Hi everyone...

Trying to build an unconventional city that isn't based on the usual rows of buildings...nor too many straight lines.
The idea is to make it look more naturalistic, despite the theme.:))
Loads of work to do as it's changing almost daily...but thought I'd send a pic and enter into the spirit of the topic of discussion.

DeletedUser205

@ophion beautiful so far :)
I try to give my town an elvish look too. Its getting worse with the to my taste ugly graphics of the higher upgraded buildings (think about the depressive look of your city with plankbuilding trees on level 15:(), colors which burn your pupils (Goddess of Fertility - oh my goddess!) and the need of some not really petite buildings to get the necessary population and culture. And taste has to be more important than scoring if you follow an elvish idea. I even think you have to renounce active playing after a while to keep your town beautiful as it is.
I'm really trying to finish my town sort of under the aspects you asked for and I'm not satisfied since weeks now because of those obstacles of designing it elvish-style
(I'm not using streets for layout, because you really need a lot of space, to get population and upgrade-needs balanced without spending to much money for culturebuildings, which are ugly anyway - I use them to enlight the backyards of my dark elf-homes level15 ;-) )

mine today:
21671826ly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know how far off I am with standard straight and not, but I like my home.
f5a421641613eb433ade1514f808028c.jpg

DeletedUser629

What does you city look like Goryn?

It's a mess atm. I'm rearranging it to make it look more beautiful. I will post an image of my city when i think it looks good enough to share it with my fellow orc slayers and golem slashers ;)