• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trade Help List

DeletedUser126

I have a lot explored got around 34 players found, some with whom i Traded.

Since we have no in game chat and no way to communicate i decided to make this post here for all in my range of trade. To see if you are in my range check the test trade i set up 1 stone for 1 steel. If it shows that you are in range you know you wont get trade penalty.

Since everyone gets random specialization for industry for each tier we have to Trade, and right now its VERY hard to do.

My Tier 1 Specialization is Stone, can make about 400-500 stone every 3h right now and i plan only to make more.

I need Wood and Steel so if you are in range of me put it at min Seller/Buyer 1:1 ratio if you are not you will have to put at least 2:1 ratio or i wont buy it off you.

Remember that even if you set 1:1 ratio players that are not in your range will see it as 1:2 ratio, and most likely wont buy it!

DeletedUser108

Hi Khebeln

There is actually an in-game messenger. Just click the button left to the help/donation/motivation button. You can also send mails to up to 50 different players.

DeletedUser126

Yeah i know about it, but its not very effective compared to chat, and its hard to tell who is active and who is not. Im pretty sure that any active player reads the forum and its much more efficient way to do this.

DeletedUser

Yeah i know about it, but its not very effective compared to chat, and its hard to tell who is active and who is not. Im pretty sure that any active player reads the forum and its much more efficient way to do this.
Naw, I'd say about 10% of the people playing the game active is at the forum. Maybe a bit more for the beta, but definitely not most

DeletedUser108

That's right.
Do you plan to sell your two Plank and Steel Manufactories?
Because for me it feels like the two not-boosted Manufactories and the Armory are pretty useless. So I am planing to sell them for more boosted Manufactories... In case that my neighbours are willing to trade of course.

DeletedUser126

Like i said i got 500/h stone output and it will only get better so im more than willing to trade as long as its 1:1 trade.

And majority might not read the posts here, but most of the top players do, and thats who im talking to hehe.

And yes i will sell Plank and Steel Manufactures, once i research Gem Factory, im using them now as there is little trade going on and not enough material on the market for my needs. There are some other placeholder buildings i keep as well till i got the next technology researched that i want to use that space for :)

DeletedUser126

I bought everything off the market again :p Moar Trades plz !

Especially wood! There is like no wood on the market :)

DeletedUser170

Maybe the game is made this type of relic system, soplayers couldn't get much ahead the others :p

Should I be lucky, to have planks as my basic resource? I calculate what would worth for me and whatnot. That trader is such a pain... :D

DeletedUser126

Well you have to specialize in what you have, and trading right now is a pain with the 50% trader cut :p

DeletedUser170

I don't know if the proper audience view this thread, but we should move closer to the fair trade numbers. One problem with this, is that in your neighbourhood they will be able to buy it cheaply, so there is a chance, you get cut.
Main problem, most of the people put 1:1 ratios, so they get the same back, as what they give. But on the other hand he have to give 1.5:1, which is not that good. If we would do this the other way, so 1:1.5, the same problem would occur, just for the other side. So there is 2 solutions:
  1. Both players accept on-one offer from his partner, each with the same ratio - that would make everything equal, and would not have to worry about neighbours getting a good business on you.
  2. The player put up in a precalculated ratio. That is 0,8164:1. That means, if you put up 100 wood, and want marble for it, you should ask for 81 or 82. The player who accept the offer would get 100 wood, but have to pay 122-123 for that.
Edit: Well... for me now it is going to be a problem to have the resources, as prospectus made some really good planks offer :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58

I've been mostly posting 1:1 trades such as 100 Steel for 100 Marble or 100 Planks. The reasoning for this is because I see no point in trading with someone who is not in my discovered neighborhood --- I already have a good enough number of neighbors and there is enough variation of boosted goods (from what they've constructed) to see that they'll need Steel and I could use their Marble and Planks. I've worked hard to discover those neighbors so my reward should be fair trade among ourselves. But the main problem is, I have no idea which players are active and which aren't. So I may be seeing Planks Manufactories owned by inactive players and that's an issue because I expect them to trade when in fact they won't.

On the other hand if I create a 2:1 trade that means A) I'm getting half of what I'm paying B) I may be providing a neighbor with double profit C) I've wasted a lot of time and resources on discovering new neighbors if I'm trading with non-neighbors. I'm not the only one needing and benefiting from this trade so I shouldn't be the only one paying the trader fee. Thus 2:1 is excessive IMO and I don't plan on adapting it. But I think I like ketjatekos's ideas, especially #2 --- setting up the trades precalculated to split the trader fee evenly between the two players.

DeletedUser126

I know what you mean im pretty sure 70% of my neighbors are inactive :p

Some kind of activity management system similar to FoE that managed your neighborhood would be nice.

I always put a lot of trades up just in case someone needs it :)

DeletedUser170

Is it possible, that most of the inactives have steel for their basic good? :D I should find someone in my neighbourhood ASAP.

DeletedUser

I've got steel. In my neighbourhood, most people seem to have that. I've a lot of trouble getting planks. And only 1-2 people have marble

DeletedUser126

Syr i got tons of marble on the market, but yeah you are probably not close to me :p

DeletedUser108

Since nobody of my neighbours seems to have a steel-boost I would really like to explore your city, Syrilath.
It's true, that there are way too many inactive players. I hope with guilds or alliances there will be a way for better trading over distance.

DeletedUser

Since nobody of my neighbours seems to have a steel-boost I would really like to explore your city, Syrilath.
It's true, that there are way too many inactive players. I hope with guilds or alliances there will be a way for better trading over distance.

Yes. I hope that some of this happens soon.

I hope to have the advanced scouts soon, so that I can scout further (I'm being picky right now with the high costs). Maybe I can find your city then

DeletedUser108

I am at the same stage as you are. Just waiting for somebody to trade 100 steel... since yesterday. If there would be just somebody to trade with me, then I would have gotten advancen scouts yesterday evening...

DeletedUser126

Nope, I don't see your offers :(

Thats weird i got almost 600 marble in trades for wood and steel on the market.

If you cant see it it must be some sort of bug. Its worth reporting, double check if you cant see it still.