• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Unit Formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of being able to choose which squares units occupy at the beginning of battles. As of now, units are placed(seemingly) randomly, it would be nice to be able to place them anywhere in the normal placement area before the battle begins, allowing for better strategic management of battles.

DeletedUser

Well, yeah I know the combat rules. What I mean is sometimes the game places your units in un-optimal locations at the start of a battle(an archer behind impassable terrain for example). I'd like to be able to choose where my archer starts out pre-battle.

There are some helpful tips in the post though. Thanks! :) I wasn't sure what weight meant before now.

DeletedUser629

You can chose where your archer starts pre-battle as shown in ThePhantom's guide. There are 5 spots where your units are placed. If you place a squad of archers on spot III, but when you enter the battle you find out spot II would have been better, surrender and start over with the right formation :)

DeletedUser

That doesn't always work though. I've had units switch places on me after I start the battle.

edit: Just reread it. Thanks that definitely solves my problems. :)

DeletedUser

Yep, that guide is money!
The order in which your units act is just as important though. Sometimes, in fights where it's best to avoid 1st-round shootout with ranged enemies, I specially put a swordfighter in such a place that he can move away and make way for the archers to retreat. It takes some practice to position units optimally. But more importantly, if I see they are not positioned right, I withdraw, make adjustments and charge ahead again. Great feature!!

DeletedUser43

Good to hear that the Encounters Guide is helpful! You could also support the idea to make the unit formation more visible in this thread (click). As the idea you're proposing is similar, I'll close this thread as a duplicate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.