• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 20 - The Power of Music

Bor de Wolf 1965

I hope this will help.
I got the info from thedark.jouweb.nl
3h9h24h48h
Violin maker6111828
flute maker7132233
drum maker591622

As far as I understand the info, the 3 ensembles don't make anything but they are needed to boost the production of the makers and to upgrade the portal.
And it is the portal that makes the final items with only 1 item at a time but I don't see any time frame.

Last edited:

tadaaa

I want to tell people on my live worlds what they should be looking forward to in Chapter 20.
1 - Increased Main Hall capacity
2 - Heavy Melee unit upgrades
What else do you see as significant?
scout AW is gonna be nice imo

tadaaa

I hope this will help.
I got the info from thedark.jouweb.nl
3h9h24h48h
Violin maker6111828
flute maker7132233
drum maker591622

As far as I understand the info, the 3 ensembles don't make anything but they are needed to boost the production of the makers and to upgrade the portal.
And it is the portal that makes the final items with only 1 item at a time but I don't see any time frame.
ok nice productiontimes, but about this boost, does the bonus stack?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
ok nice productiontimes, but about this boost, does the bonus stack?
yes the bonus stacks, but it only boosts the production of bars (the portal production with limited quantity), so they don't boost the production of violins flutes or drums. for example a picture of the lvl 4 harmony grove, you see 2150% boost.
1661264285037.png

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
realy....so besides leveling, barely of any use eventualy..
well, at lvl 4 portal with 2150% boost level, it costs you 157 mana and 2.54 unurium for 1 bar.
with a lvl 1 portal and no boost at all, it costs you 1350 mana and 22 unurium for 1 bar.
So i wouldn't say it does do anything.

tadaaa

well, at lvl 4 portal with 2150% boost level, it costs you 157 mana and 2.54 unurium for 1 bar.
with a lvl 1 portal and no boost at all, it costs you 1350 mana and 22 unurium for 1 bar.
So i wouldn't say it does do anything.
I understand, but aren't those bars the things you can get with pp's? Or do they realy drain the pp to 0?

Bor de Wolf 1965

If I read the upgrade requirements for the portal right, you need 1 of every ensemble to upgrade it to level 2
you need 2 of every ensemble to upgrade it to level 3 and 3 to upgrade it to level 4.
Until you are very far in to the chapter (50%) you can not upgrade the portal and you have +/- 43% of the bars collected.
So if you want to use a lot of PP instances be my guest but keep in mind the portal limit will take the fun out of that part very fast.

[edit]
the total bars for the chapter are 41.600 bars and you need to collect 17.800=42,79% of them with only 15% of max capacity and that is at that time 100%.
that means you have used up 11,9 x 100% portal profit instances just to get to 50% of the tech tree mark.
I don't know how you look at it but in my book that is considered stupid.
I rather like to rip them apart to get spell fragments out of them for this chapter will drain time just to complete it anyways.
[/edit]

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Bor de Wolf 1965 Well, it depends. Would you rather spend PPs worth 80% capacity or 11M mana for one tech?
For me, mana is more precious, my beta city still has stock of 5490% of PPs.
I bet they did this to drain our PPs reserves (but it will more affect players who are not at the end of tech tree yet - they don't have such large stocks of PPs.

ekarat

@Bor de Wolf 1965 Well, it depends. Would you rather spend PPs worth 80% capacity or 11M mana for one tech?
For me, mana is more precious, my beta city still has stock of 5490% of PPs.
I bet they did this to drain our PPs reserves (but it will more affect players who are not at the end of tech tree yet - they don't have such large stocks of PPs.
I agree that they probably did this in part to drain our PPs. 11M mana is significant, but not all that much at this point, since mana income has gone up quite a bit. I've got over 12M just sitting around. And the Blooming Traders Guild and Vortex of Storage probably help out as well.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I forgot the hidden mana drain but with a mana production of over 1m on my main town a day I wouldn't care about it.
But having 66.700% of PP I have a luxury problem.
Same with playing time, I have way to much of it I need to use up.

But still I like to shred the PP spells to get spell fragments back so I can use 5k of them for the vision vapour so I can have chances op the 500 diamonds from the magic academy.
but to me on my main account, it all comes down to have a huge bulk of everything. so I wouldn't even notice some dents in the stockpile I have.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
If I read the upgrade requirements for the portal right, you need 1 of every ensemble to upgrade it to level 2
you need 2 of every ensemble to upgrade it to level 3 and 3 to upgrade it to level 4.
Until you are very far in to the chapter (50%) you can not upgrade the portal and you have +/- 43% of the bars collected.
So if you want to use a lot of PP instances be my guest but keep in mind the portal limit will take the fun out of that part very fast.

[edit]
the total bars for the chapter are 41.600 bars and you need to collect 17.800=42,79% of them with only 15% of max capacity and that is at that time 100%.
that means you have used up 11,9 x 100% portal profit instances just to get to 50% of the tech tree mark.
I don't know how you look at it but in my book that is considered stupid.
I rather like to rip them apart to get spell fragments out of them for this chapter will drain time just to complete it anyways.
[/edit]
let me correct you on this (and probably dissapoint you), for upgrade of portal from level 1 to 2, you need 1 of every ensemble available, this is correct.
to upgrade portal from level 2 to 3, you need 2 of each ensemble available, but you used up the first ones for the upgrade to level 2.
In other words, you need a total 3 of each ensemble for level 3.
and finally, to upgrade from level 3 to 4 you need another 3 available of each. so in total you need 6 of each.

Bor de Wolf 1965

OMG o_O:eek:
This means you need to have all the violins, flutes and drums made before you upgrade to level 4.
Else you have no room in your town.
If you use a lot of grease, a very big slash hammer and a very thin shoehorn.

tadaaa

let me correct you on this (and probably dissapoint you), for upgrade of portal from level 1 to 2, you need 1 of every ensemble available, this is correct.
to upgrade portal from level 2 to 3, you need 2 of each ensemble available, but you used up the first ones for the upgrade to level 2.
In other words, you need a total 3 of each ensemble for level 3.
and finally, to upgrade from level 3 to 4 you need another 3 available of each. so in total you need 6 of each.
you tested this? Now you state the amount needed for levels 2-3-4are 1-3-6 instead of 1-2-3. The screenies i've seen so far tell a different story.... as i see it only building them won't do it, but they have to stand in your city when you upgrade in contrary to previous chapters like traders i.e. where finished buidling was enough.

ekarat

you tested this? Now you state the amount needed for levels 2-3-4are 1-3-6 instead of 1-2-3. The screenies i've seen so far tell a different story.... as i see it only building them won't do it, but they have to stand in your city when you upgrade in contrary to previous chapters like traders i.e. where finished buidling was enough.
If something requires 1-2-3 for each, then the cumulative cost is 1-3-6. Same thing, but looked at differently.

tadaaa

If something requires 1-2-3 for each, then the cumulative cost is 1-3-6. Same thing, but looked at differently.
ok, seems i read sth not properly enough on another website, seems to be 6 indeed. Thought 3 was enough but they needed to be present in contrary with some previous chapters where the count was on finishing the build.

sventovit

A quest asked me for 4 workshops at level 44. I had 2 magic workshops at maximum level. The quest has been validated.

Honestly I think that in my city, one magic workshop is enough.

Bor de Wolf 1965

For the workshop quest the rule is if you max a magic workshop it counts as 2 upgrades.
Same goes for magic Residence.
On life I am still playing with the Carnaval set from 2019 and I keep upgrading them with the Royal Restoration spells I keep earning.
Here on Beta I am playing with the Forbidden Ruins and I will upgrade that one as well until I get a better set for my play stile.
And I use elvenarchitect set buildings comparator tool to see what is a better set for me.