• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

Earwen1

What happened to the Riftmaker, D20 and that other level 6 thing that we were supposed to make?
It is still in the requests, but not in the pots' ? Is this meant to be changed, or is it a bug?

elvenar 2022-07-13_100553.jpg

Earwen1

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

As I stated in my post from 9:59.
I think it is stupid to deny us the rare chance on a level 6 right out of the pot.
The chance to get it that way is small and we all know they will be used within 3 or 4 of the lower 2 requests.

So by denying us the level 6 items right out of the pot, you make sure they always cost us minimum of 8 coins (with the coin reduction taken in account).

little bee

So, with the changed cost we now pay an average of 1,25 coins per base item, as opposed to 1,31 coins from before. I'm not shure if this 5% rebatt is sufficient. Also, I think they should fix the huge gap in rubies per coins for different quests.
But I approve of removing the lv. 6 items. It reduces the impact of chance a little.

Karvest

But the reasoning "we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble." is lame. You can't stuck up with items falling with 2% chance which are needed in almost half of all orders. The only way to be stuck up with them - is to merge mindlessly and don't use the results (and even then - not sure it's possible without buying additional event currency, at least not in the first week of event). Removing that 2% chance won't change anything in that regard.

Earwen1

But the reasoning "we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble." is lame. You can't stuck up with items falling with 2% chance which are needed in almost half of all orders. The only way to be stuck up with them - is to merge mindlessly and don't use the results (and even then - not sure it's possible without buying additional event currency, at least not in the first week of event). Removing that 2% chance won't change anything in that regard.
In contrary.
I have a left over level 6 cube: D20, but there are no requests anymore that ask for level 6 things.

Earwen1

What we need is scissors! :)
So that we can un-merge items to their previous level.
Maybe this could be an extra thingy from the lucky cards?

(Ok, I admit, I have played too many stupid merge games! o_O)

tradescantia

I think it's most unfair to take away the little chance you have of getting a level 6 item right from the cup. That was a nice feature :( Removing it advantages no-one except your pocket-books as we use up coins getting the materials to merge. Enough requests ask for level 6 items that players will never be "stuck with something they can't disassemble"

Enevhar Aldarion

With the change in cost per piece from 5 chips to 4, the League for this event on Beta needs to be cancelled, otherwise any players who were saving up for the end of the event have been given a huge advantage over everyone who has already spent all their chips, testing the event as we are supposed to do on Beta. And if not, Inno owes everyone 1 chip back for every 5 previously spent.

aliceFalling

With the change in cost per piece from 5 chips to 4, the League for this event on Beta needs to be cancelled, otherwise any players who were saving up for the end of the event have been given a huge advantage over everyone who has already spent all their chips, testing the event as we are supposed to do on Beta. And if not, Inno owes everyone 1 chip back for every 5 previously spent.
this is beta, Enevhar Aldarion...

Maillie

This event was actually fun ... at first. Once I got into the one-a-day quests that fun ended abruptly. There is almost no sense in even going to the screen to make one single item from the few coins I find on the ground, then come back later to make one single more item to hope to combine with the first one. It's going to take days and more days to get anywhere like this. I can't picture getting more buildings at this rate. Something completely different needs to be offered for the one-a-day quests. It's like hitting a brick wall, everything comes to an immediate halt.

SlyLady

I agree that Inno's reasoning here is questionable. A 2% chance of winning an L6 item from a cup causes concern you might get stuck with something you cannot use. While simultaneously, there is a 30% chance of getting an L6 item from a Lucky Draw as a "prize"? To be consistent with the logic, the Lucky Draw should sub the current L6 items for TWO L5 items. Players could then choose to merge them into a L6 or not, but would be less likely to be "stuck" with pieces that can't be used.

However, it seems to me rather unlikely that there are many players getting stuck with high-level pieces they cannot use because they WON them. It would seem more likely they over-merged, which is a strategy issue, not necessarily a game-design issue.