• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

SlyLady

No, that is not the data I want. What I am interested in is the number and quality of the items requested by the dwarves, the number of rubies earned and the chance of getting a Lucky draw. Here my current 3 quests and some calculations:

Quest1: a4+b5+c3(=28B) for 2 rubies (R) , 10% 1*Lucky Draw. This comes out as an average of 12,8 B/R or 16,8 coins per ruby.
Quest2: a6+b1+c1(=34B) for 3R, 10% 2*LD. This comes out as 9,8 B/R or 12,8 coins per ruby.
Quest3: a5+b6+c3(=52B) for 4R, 10% 1*LD. This comes out as 12,4 B/R or 16,2 coins per ruby.
If you look at iDavis' site, his table has approximately how many base units are needed for each reward level. It wasn't (last I looked) specific to which items, but what I've seen is if a reward requires 6 of one, 5 of another, and 2 of a third, they just shuffle around which specific item gets each value, but the math portion is the same.

I am curious about your final calculation of coins per ruby. Earlier I thought you said the base unit (B) was equal to 3.82 coins. If the B/R in the first example is 12.8, then converting B back to coins should be multiplied by 3.82 which makes the coins per ruby 48.9, doesn't it? What did I miss in the calculation that it ends up so much lower (and more reasonable)? Thanks in advance.

ZodiBeta

Q: Besides the complaints above of it taking many more Dwarven chips than we're allowed to be able to advance plus the cost of chips per cup/item needed to match/upgrade, I'm seeing Gates of Dawn and Memorial of the Savior repeated in the prize list BEFORE the complete building set is offered. That will add to the number of players unable to obtain a full building set, and serves as another detraction. Add atop that the space required for a full building set (7x6) versus the productions and I'm wondering just how many players will complete the full set and actually build it. Where's the incentive? At this point, as with other event building sets, I will cherry pick from whatever buildings I do win and only place the ones with the productions I need or want. (Beta chapter 15) Although I can appreciate a newish event mechanic, I'd prefer something more straight-forward with much less chance and more strategy. I remember the early days when we could win the grand prize if we just finished the event.

little bee

If you look at iDavis' site, his table has approximately how many base units are needed for each reward level. It wasn't (last I looked) specific to which items, but what I've seen is if a reward requires 6 of one, 5 of another, and 2 of a third, they just shuffle around which specific item gets each value, but the math portion is the same.

I am curious about your final calculation of coins per ruby. Earlier I thought you said the base unit (B) was equal to 3.82 coins. If the B/R in the first example is 12.8, then converting B back to coins should be multiplied by 3.82 which makes the coins per ruby 48.9, doesn't it? What did I miss in the calculation that it ends up so much lower (and more reasonable)? Thanks in advance.
My calculation was 5coins=3,82B or 1B=1,3 coins.
from iDavis list it looks like the worst quest can cost up to 21 B/R (or 27 coins per ruby) and the best quest can be as cheap as 9 B/R (or 11 coins per ruby). So there is a very big difference. The humble quests (giving one ruby) are the worst and the rare quests (giving 3 rubies) are the best. Also, quest giving more Lucky draws are usually better. Unfortunally, this also increases the influence of luck.

SlyLady

A suggestion for the Lucky Draws - when you click to activate, if you win KP or coins, you get a pop-up announcement. If you win a game piece, it goes directly to the board in the blink of an eye. It is easy to miss, especially if you have several pieces on your board. The first time, I wasn't sure anything had actually happened. I think it would be helpful (definitely more noticeable), if the game pieces also appeared in a pop-up window before appearing on the board.

Avocado

What I really like about this event is, that for your event curreny, you get a lot more time playing, because something happens with every 5 coins spent. That makes it fun.

I am still unlucky, being down to the daily quests since Friday, have no event curreny savings, fallen into silver and only got 2 sets of lucky cards so far with figurines and KP return.

Also I noticed, that if refusing an order, the new order will yield the same prices and chest type again, so you have even lesser chance of picking a certain chest type, than with the other chest games.

Did anyone try @Jammin 's strategy? does it work?

little bee

I think the best strategy to get a lot of Red Rubies for the event currency is to fill the board with 3x 15 different items and to combine as few as necessary. Click away the quests that appear as uncompleted and after 30 minutes see if some of the new ones appear as completed and click away the uncompleted ones again. The board should always be kept as full and balanced as possible.
This strategy would result in overproportionally fulfilling humble requests. But those are the quests that give the least number of rubies per coins. I think it would be better to try and pick the best quests.

Jammin

This strategy would result in overproportionally fulfilling humble requests. But those are the quests that give the least number of rubies per coins. I think it would be better to try and pick the best quests.
You don't have to pick up the top quest, I always leave it and only work with the other two, i.e. middle and bottom.

Karvest

lucky draw was changed, new values:
1657540050310.png

Enevhar Aldarion

My little chapter 6 city has now caught up to my chapter 17 city for the quests, so those have been easy to complete again. All chips have been spent and all Lucky Draws used and there is a big difference in progress. The chapter 6 city is at 158 and the chapter 17 city is only at 143.

Lovec Krys

@Droopy You have 2 x mana due to your chapter. For my chapter (19), there is mana and unurium (i guess that for some low chapter there is 3x22% for T3 goods).
1657611585413.png

Droopy

View attachment 10169
I think these kind of options should be avoided. 2 times 22% chance to receive Mana?

I refused this offer because of 2x Mana (in fact 1x Mana 44%), but i can only refuse a offer once? Should i make a bug report for this or is it intended. The help did not meantion you can only refuse once.

Elvenar-beta-event-GatewayInThePast-RareRequest-AfterDelete.JPG
Elvenar-beta-event-GatewayInThePast-RareRequest-AfterDelete2.JPG

Elvenar-beta-event-GatewayInThePast-RareRequest-AfterDelete3.JPG

I can answer myself, it is because i have a full match although i would prefer another Request this is not possible when you have all items for the Request.

Last edited:

Skillpowers

I refused this offer because of 2x Mana (in fact 1x Mana 44%), but i can only refuse a offer once? Should i make a bug report for this or is it intended. The help did not meantion you can only refuse once.

View attachment 10172 View attachment 10173
View attachment 10174

I can answer myself, it is because i have a full match although i would prefer another Request this is not possible when you have alle items for the Request.
i think you can refuse multiple times (atleast i did) but the problem is once you have the items required you can no longer refuse the trade offer

Laurelin-Beta

I really like this minigame, and would love it as a stand-alone!
@Gilleafrey : There are several mobile games which are entirely based on this mechanic. The problem is that they all employ the same [not very visible] limiting factor, namely the space on which to keep one's partially merged objects. It's normally possible to buy more space, but with only the 'free' allowance, players usually run out of room very fast, and end up having to destroy lower-level merged items to make way for others.

Another factor worth bearing in mind is how long it can take, and how many Stage 1 items can be required, to achieve the highest level of merged item. In one such game I used to play, items were merged at the rate of 3 x lower-level for 1 x higher-level --OR-- 5 x lower-level for 2 x higher-level (the incentive to save up groups of 5 x lower-levelled items, thus taking up space, is rather obvious here), and also the merge 'tree' ended not at Stage 6 as it does in the ongoing Event, but rather at Stage 9.

The scale of the maths behind that system is probably already easy to guess, and even if not, the game's primary fan-made website provided the necessary calculation, which was that (at the average drop rate for Stage 1 objects) it would take about nineteen years to merge them upwards into 1 x Stage 9 item. Not surprisingly, the game was also happy to save players some of that time by directly selling the Stages 2-8 versions of its (dozens of) merge-able objects - but the cost of buying them outright ran into several hundreds for one fully merged Stage 9 item.

So perhaps we shouldn't be TOO keen to encourage Inno to start looking more closely at this type of Event mechanic...? ;)

Bor de Wolf 1965

With the cost reduction from 5 to 4 coins per item, it will become a little easier to get close to a full set of buildings.
But with the removal of the small chance we had on a level 6 item from the cup is not so good.
Even if you end up having 2 or 3 items of level 6 they will be used with in a couple requests on the lower 2 dwarves requests.