• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Make trader available during upgrade

Heymrdiedier

I'm not sure why we disabled this in the first place, but I don't see a benefit of it from anyone that we can't trade anymore when we upgrade.

I remember we used to still be able to use the trader by using the shortcut T, and i think (tho not sure) that it was also possible as some point to keep using trader on mobile version while it was in upgrade.

So my suggestion would be to make this possible again, I personally wont have benefit from it anymore since im already at max trader, but maybe others will enjoy it if it changes.

PS: i always assumed this suggestion had already been done, but couldn't find it, so if its already there, sorry for the duplicate

CrazyWizard

3 days no access to the market, with spire and tournaments is a pain.
It could literally lock you out of these.
Also you will not be able to complete events for days when they ask for wholesaler trades.

In this timeframe it's just horrible so I agree that blocking trader or have it taken many days to upgrade is just stupid.
The building is way to important for that.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I believe everyone will agree with you.
The first upgrade is 24h and the last one is just 2 days 16 hours and I bet almost all players will use time boosters on it to get it done.
And I normally bet for 1 cup of tea or coffee but I think if all would have accepted the bet I think I will be drinking tea in to next week o_O

Deleted User - 79208

It makes 0 sense to have him available. A supermarket also closes when they doing a full renovation. Just plan ahead and don't blame the game for your mistakes.

Heymrdiedier

It makes 0 sense to have him available. A supermarket also closes when they doing a full renovation. Just plan ahead and don't blame the game for your mistakes.
while i like your analogy with the real world, elvenar is fantasy so no reflection of reality at all :). But if that is the reasoning then neighbourly help should also be unavailable on main hall that is in upgrade either, and they changed that long ago so it would be possible. (was impossible -> changed to possible)

CrazyWizard

Blame the game for your mistake?

What mistake? the mistake to play the game? it's not that you have a choice in it.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I will only shoot one time at your remark and you see how wrong it is.
My shot: If the supermarket where I do my shopping's is closed for renovations, I can go to an other supermarket of the same company or a different one and still get what I need for my groceries.

So all @Heymrdiedier asks is for an option to do her shopping's at a different place during this upgrade and I agree with it.

Enevhar Aldarion

The first upgrade to the Trader is not until chapter 11 for making seeds. If by that time someone does not have enough time boosters to instantly complete the upgrade, they are doing something wrong. Besides, you can't go in your Main Hall when it is upgrading or produce goods or supplies when workshops or factories are upgrading, so why should the Trader be any different?

Bor de Wolf 1965

I have to correct you @Enevhar Aldarion .
During a Town hall upgrade there are 2 ways to get the relics information your town hall provides.
  1. You press the S on your keyboard and you get the Relics page from your town hall and you can switch between the 3 pages from your town hall there.
  2. you go to the world map and press on the "Relics overview" button just above the tournament button and you can see how manny relics you have and of what type they are.

palmira

The main problem with the trader upgrades is the trader being the major supplier of seeds (and unurium for those without seal tower and/or temple of spirits) and in the beginning of a new race we are in dire need of those so I always end up using timers to speed the upgrade not because I need to trade anything ( I don't, it doesn't bother me being without trades for a few days) but because I need the seeds/unurium it produces.

Bor de Wolf 1965

If you get a lot of festival merchants you can use them as your main source of seeds.
Or at least as a good supplicant source.

CrazyWizard

The first upgrade to the Trader is not until chapter 11 for making seeds. If by that time someone does not have enough time boosters to instantly complete the upgrade, they are doing something wrong. Besides, you can't go in your Main Hall when it is upgrading or produce goods or supplies when workshops or factories are upgrading, so why should the Trader be any different?
I think a forced to use timeboosters to negate a basic game concept, is a bad idea in any way shape of form.

Heymrdiedier

The main problem with the trader upgrades is the trader being the major supplier of seeds (and unurium for those without seal tower and/or temple of spirits) and in the beginning of a new race we are in dire need of those so I always end up using timers to speed the upgrade not because I need to trade anything ( I don't, it doesn't bother me being without trades for a few days) but because I need the seeds/unurium it produces.
the fact that unurium or seed production stops, doesn't bother me that much (that i can stockpile beforehand). But in every tech, upgrade of buildings you never need the stuff you can produce yourself, you need to trade it to +1 or +2 production. So in that way, and upgrade of 3 days, means i really got 3 days of nothing to do, which means i start playing another game for 3 days, and afterwards i start to wonder if i should even come back to this game...

Also the spire use sentient a lot, so if you run out of one of the sentient goods, that also means 3 days wait. The trader is a very crucial part in everything in this game, so locking it out for so long, seems like a bad decision to me.

The Fairy

I am usually able to time it so I don't need the trader while it is upgrading. But if I get desperate I can use time boosters for the remaining part. I find it a lot harder to not be able to train troops in the barracks, training ground and mercenary camp while those are upgrading, so I usually spend time boosters on those (but I also spend time boosters on training more troops, so if I don't time boost the upgrades then I would just have to time boost even more troops afterwards).