• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Lucky Little Fin

Mrietha

I am soooooo disappointed with this event. Even if I don't want the evolving building, I can see it's value. I was uncertain, but went ahead and put it up. I'm in Goblins & Orcs. I've got the building to level 5 and .....
For 2 days in a row I've gotten 1, yes one, knowledge point! Please tell me how that equates to the goods I potentially can receive? And it won't get better until the building is fully evolved. Although I probably can get it to level 10. I'm not evolving it any more. Hopefully I'll be able to craft the "tokens" into an other kind I'm in need of.
Second disappointment many of the daily prizes are not really worth trying for (at least in my opinion.) Today it's 2 ruins.
Finally I feel the hoop rewards are heavily balanced toward troops and supporting those who fight. I probably negotiate about 90% of the time.
Now, I might feel differently if I was in sentient goods, but even in my live city I'm not there yet. I know it must be hard to balance all the rewards for various levels and styles of play, but until this event I've generally been satisfied with the rewards.

I do prefer the hoop system over the gift boxes. I feel I have much better control of my point usage. And when we have the mist ones I'm really in a fog and feel like I'm stumbling along.
(While my label says I'm new I've been playing for several years. I'm not in a hurry to get through the guest races. Also, my Fellowships are laid back, so no demands there. But whenever I take a break the Forums delete me, and I have to come back as a new member. I'm saying this just in case anyone thinks I don't have enough experience with the game.)

King Luckybaby

What ???
I am soooooo disappointed with this event. Even if I don't want the evolving building, I can see it's value. I was uncertain, but went ahead and put it up. I'm in Goblins & Orcs. I've got the building to level 5 and .....
For 2 days in a row I've gotten 1, yes one, knowledge point! Please tell me how that equates to the goods I potentially can receive? And it won't get better until the building is fully evolved. Although I probably can get it to level 10. I'm not evolving it any more. Hopefully I'll be able to craft the "tokens" into an other kind I'm in need of.
Second disappointment many of the daily prizes are not really worth trying for (at least in my opinion.) Today it's 2 ruins.
Finally I feel the hoop rewards are heavily balanced toward troops and supporting those who fight. I probably negotiate about 90% of the time.
Now, I might feel differently if I was in sentient goods, but even in my live city I'm not there yet. I know it must be hard to balance all the rewards for various levels and styles of play, but until this event I've generally been satisfied with the rewards.

I do prefer the hoop system over the gift boxes. I feel I have much better control of my point usage. And when we have the mist ones I'm really in a fog and feel like I'm stumbling along.
(While my label says I'm new I've been playing for several years. I'm not in a hurry to get through the guest races. Also, my Fellowships are laid back, so no demands there. But whenever I take a break the Forums delete me, and I have to come back as a new member. I'm saying this just in case anyone thinks I don't have enough experience with the game.)
I am soooo happy :)
A very good building !!!

Go to this webside:

Select - Goblins & Orcs
Select - Level

What is possible ?
Orcs - you need Orcs in this chapter

Goods

Kp - in Level 10 - not only 1 :)

Laurelin-Beta

I've got the building to level 5 and ..... For 2 days in a row I've gotten 1, yes one, knowledge point! Please tell me how that equates to the goods I potentially can receive? And it won't get better until the building is fully evolved. [...]
What ??? A very good building !!! [...]

The above two viewpoints, especially because they appear in sequence, seem precisely to illustrate the problem with this Event's Evolving Building - namely, the fact that it provides not fixed but RANDOM Rewards* (see footnote). This aspect of the Building - and therefore the Building itself - will almost certainly be welcomed, to some extent, largely by players who fall into one or more of the broad categories below:
  • Those who are generally lucky and/or for whom some/all of the Rewards are [or appear to be] generally useful (i.e. many early players);
  • Those in a Chapter where some/all of the Rewards are particularly useful, either in general terms or within the player's individual strategy;
  • Those who don't prioritise or even much consider strategy, but rather prefer other game aspects and/or who play casually for fun alone, and who therefore don't really worry at all about which Reward will randomly appear (and why not - even in a strategy-based game);
  • Very new players who are very likely to think that ALL Event Prizes must be highly desirable (as is the case in many mobile games); or
  • Those who enjoy the 'thrill' of risk-taking via what amounts to gambling (Note : investing anything at all, be it real money, 'pixel money' or other non-real digital items, time, effort, or anything else, in return for a RANDOM CHANCE of winning something in return, can - with honesty - be described as nothing else).
These players will generally be pleased with the Evolving Building - and thus the whole Event - and may well try to win it and then evolve it to a higher level, whether during the Event or afterwards via additional methods such as Spire-sourced and/or Crafted Artifacts, if such are offered.

Conversely, and without typing out a list of the 'reverse versions' of the above player types, it follows that those players who are NOT in any of the above categories will probably NOT welcome the Event's Evolving Building, and will probably therefore also dislike the entire Event to a greater or lesser extent - unless of course it offers either a lot of fun (which, again, is some players' priority) and/or some truly excellent alternative rewards in the form of Daily Prizes, although these appear, at present, not to be particularly good in the estimation of the majority here.

(I would also like to state here that I often think that Evolving Buildings, with their typically 4 x 4 footprint, almost always - with a few well-known exceptions - represent a VERY poor choice for MOST new/early-game Cities (which are built by non-experts) due to their comparatively very high demand upon smaller Cities' extremely limited space AND their usually mediocre Rewards at low Chapter and/or Evolution Levels. If such a Building's Rewards are, in addition, not only rather pedestrian (as in this Event's case) but ALSO randomised - meaning that even if awarded, they may well appear AT THE WRONG TIME - which matters greatly in early Cities - then the Building becomes even more unattractive, whether or not the genuinely novice player is aware this is true. In fact, it becomes almost an actively undesirable item, rather than any kind of worthy 'prize'.)

As a long-term player who has heard the views of many others, from novices to experts, I cannot think why Inno would decide (if indeed they have? Inno's motives are often obscure...) to assume something as uncertain and even risky as the fact that most - or even very many - of its players will reliably fall into one or more of the listed categories above, and will therefore not only welcome the Grand Prize Building (and therefore, in most cases, the entire Event), but will like it SO much that they may be willing to spend money on it - since, after all, Events aren't really put into the game solely to entertain players, or indeed for any reason other than to increase revenue in some way or another.

In short : Creating and promoting an Evolving Building with random Rewards seems to be a very strange decision for any revenue-focused company to make - unless, of course, their stats are telling them something very different about their players from what I've outlined above!

* Even if the Rewards were altered to include highly desirable items such as Sips of Clarity, Spectral Stones, Blueprints, etc., rather than the rather ordinary Rewards it currently offers (whether or not in good quantities, their nature is quite commonplace), anyone who is risk-averse - as many strategy game players tend to be, by the very nature of the genre - is unlikely to welcome it, even if they might, without much joy, feel near-obliged to place it in their City only because the chance of winning ANY such comparatively valuable Rewards would be difficult to refuse. And which gaming company wants its players to feel obliged to do anything in a joyless manner... shouldn't Events be about enjoyment, and a sense of free choice...?!

Jammin

In addition to the fact that this building only provides a single production every 24 hours, the 25% chance of 1KP in the first chapters up to and including fairies is an absolute failure for a 4x4 in the city. That doesn't work at all, in a time when a rune is worth 15 KP you can't lure someone to 50 KP with a 5% chance. This building looks good like everything else in Elvenar but it sucks.

King Luckybaby

I am not a new player !

Here in the beta - Chapter of the Embassies
Live-World – since march - I have finished the Chapter of the Revenge of the exile

This evo-building is not only good for new players – it is also good for ME

It delivers - what everybody need
I always have build all of the Evo-buildings :)

If I see MY prizes ……

Glory of the Nimble.jpg

I can need all of them :cool:
Helps me a little

From Event to Event
More such prizes
It helps me a little bit more ;)

The evo- building gives ME ….
Sentient Goods - WITHOUT that it needs Divine Seed
Or gives me Divine Seed – for my less manufactories

With some of such buildings –
I do not need a lot of manufactories - who need sentiment good
I do not need a lot of culture buildings – who gives me Divine Seed

And – no manufactory gives me knowledge points ;)
A lot of Evo-buildings – Set-buildings give me – TOGETHER – a lot of Goods/Tools ….. AND knowledge points :)

My city plan
In my city – there are very less manufactories
NO residences
ONLY one magical workshop (for the event.-quests)

Manufactories – they need what ?
Coins
Supplies – I need Workshops
Manufactories and Workshops – they need population
I need Residences
Manufactories, Workshops and Residences need culture
I need culture buildings

A lot of space !!!! :eek:

The evo- or set-buildings also have population and culture
I have a very good production – a very good culture (every day sunburn )
A lot of space – for a lot of such buildings

This is my way ;)

This is, why I like all of the events :cool:

Mrietha

The building has potential if! you can get it to stage 10. Then all the options look good to acceptable. However until then it's awful. How many days have we been playing? And I know I've had 3 days of just 1 knowledge point and maybe 4 days. (And I didn't even build it for the first couple of days) I can't keep a building that is so undependable.
I'm not thrilled with the daily rewards either, but I'm doing better with the "hoop" rewards than I expected, so I'll keep playing.

Last edited:

Skillpowers

The building has potential if! you can get it to stage 10. Then all the options look good to acceptable. However until then it's awful. How many days have we been playing? And I know I've had 3 days of just 1 knowledge point and maybe 4 days. (And I didn't even build it for the first couple of days) I can't keep a building that is so undependable.
I'm not thrilled with the daily rewards either, but I'm doing better with the "hoop" rewards than I expected, so I'll keep playing.
2 of the "goods" should dissapear , make 1 of them change on getting pet food and make the other an 8h timer.

Mrietha

2 of the "goods" should dissapear , make 1 of them change on getting pet food and make the other an 8h timer.
???
I don't understand. It doesn't eat pet food.
Another day another 1 knowledge point!

Enevhar Aldarion

So, I have 2 beta cities, a chapter 17, and a chapter 5 that has the new research. The chapter 5 got the 9th artifact yesterday. Yes, I had good luck with winning back the currency, but I am not used to finishing a building with 9 days to go. I am saving up for the last day in my chapter 17 city and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Mrietha

Full event information is available here in an easy-to-open format, in the process of being updated right now:
You are welcome to share this document with friends who do not play on Beta.
Comments and suggestions are extremely welcome!

281398648_10220984090652607_5781139025754005606_n.jpg
Jackluyt, I'm up to quest 68 and haven't had a "
Full event information is available here in an easy-to-open format, in the process of being updated right now:
You are welcome to share this document with friends who do not play on Beta.
Comments and suggestions are extremely welcome!

281398648_10220984090652607_5781139025754005606_n.jpg
I'm up to quest 68 without an "unlock tomorrow" announcement yet.
If you need me to I think can remember some of them past the 63 you have.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Mrietha The current daily number is 71, so you have a few more to go to get the lock.

Edit: also you may need to refresh the event doc, because I just looked at it and he has up to quest 70 listed.

Last edited:

Mrietha

@Mrietha The current daily number is 71, so you have a few more to go to get the lock.

Edit: also you may need to refresh the event doc, because I just looked at it and he has up to quest 70 listed.
I'm using Jackluyt's URL on page one of this thread and I keep getting 63. Even closed all windows, and I still get 63 quests. Is there a different site to go to?

Enevhar Aldarion

I'm using Jackluyt's URL on page one of this thread and I keep getting 63. Even closed all windows, and I still get 63 quests. Is there a different site to go to?

I just clicked on that link and it is showing 70 quests for me, so I am not sure what is going on in your browser.

I click the link and it goes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/189R2fnZe9klja2nZenFsY4DrEf3Ot6iHseGe8kLleYI/edit

I don't like the tinyurl stuff because you cannot see the actual link embedded in it.

Arthus

Ascended goods for chapter 19 are terrible quantity + useless, there's no use for them outside chapters.

Enevhar Aldarion

Ascended goods for chapter 19 are terrible quantity + useless, there's no use for them outside chapters.

It means you can be a nice person and take a trade or two every day and give someone their Merchant back a few hours sooner, if there are any up that match your good.

Mrietha

I just clicked on that link and it is showing 70 quests for me, so I am not sure what is going on in your browser.
I don't know what is going on either with my browser. When I click on the link on my phone (Goggle Pixel 2xl) it goes to 63. However, when i use my computer i get the 70 quests.
I've cleared everything I can think of - and don't have a clue.
But since you helped me know where we are in the quests and my computer is accurate I'll be fine.
Thanks so much