• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Jammin

It's not really that much of a challenge to rebalance the Spire, there might even be more points at the 4th level. It doesn't have to be gold at 1800 points either.

The way I see it, it would be a shame if there weren't more levels in the future, yes you read that right, "levels" plural.

Of course, I would also like to see fat prices there and not just spread what we have more widely... of course, with more encounters, you have more chances of a dwarven forge.

But I also see problems and unfortunately these are the cities that negotiate everything and not fight. There are so many of those who don't get along at all in the Spire.
Likewise, a lot of people don't see a benefit in playing the Spire, you have to imagine that :)

Therefore, it is currently still wishful thinking.

Enevhar Aldarion

Now that the FA is over, where are all the leaks and hints about the next event? Last year we had the Sorcerers event starting at about this time, but we already got the sequel to that earlier this year. And then in June of last year we had the Elvarian Games, but that was themed to match the Summer Olympics going on last year, so I am doubtful we get a sequel to that. But if not another one of those, our next event should have a brand-new theme. Or maybe we will get a sequel to either the Air Traders or Mermaids events. They could use that cool watery summer city background again. The one with the giant tortoise.

Karvest

next event is called "Lucky Little Fin", same aquatic themed as last year.
A_Evt_July_XXII_Savory_Bites_15_Animated.png

A_Evt_July_XXII_Coral_Fountain_15_Animated.png

A_Evt_July_XXII_Azure_Stables_15_Animated.png

vuDlemF.png

A_Evt_Generic_Festive_Fountain_15_Animated.png
(not sure if last one is event-specific, as it marked "generic")

evo animation an stats (not final, can be changed at any moment) you can find on my site as usual.

Enevhar Aldarion

next event is called "Lucky Little Fin", same aquatic themed as last year.

I would have preferred a sequel to Air Traders or Mermaids, but more sea-horse racing is alright too. I just hope it feels less like an Olympics connection this time. I actually wonder if Inno was trying for it to feel more like professional horse racing, since in the US we are in the middle of the Triple Crown races in May and June, and the Olympics feel last year was just a coincidence?

Heymrdiedier

Hi guys! Is it true that the is going to be a 4th level in spire? One of my member was asking. I haven't heard about it. Can anybody confirm?
I don't see the point, most FS are already struggling to get their members to get to the top before the timer is up.
And many people are (rightfully) complaining that its too expensive.
So adding another level would just increase the stress on fellowships? I don't see why inno would even consider it.
Theres not that many gold spire fellowships around in the first place, think that would be a treshold to expand the spire. (like for tournament, they didnt expand it untill there were a lot of FS who made the blueprints)

Moncsociusz

I think they could rebalance the spire to make it a bit less expensive. Like they did with the tourneys. But instead of changing gold, make a new achievable like diamond? Or whatever.

There could be more shards, CC, more chances to win the current event relics and because of the temple of spirits I would get loads of more unurium. So I can imagine this as a possibility. The spire is out for a long time and it seems way too hard to most of the players. So it wouldn't be outlandish to try to fix it.

The person who asked knows some people from the support team. So just wanted to confirm if it's in the files or it's just a rumor :) thank you!

Prueba2

I see "Glory of the Nimble" has the same issue as "Bobblin's", it produces 1 chapter later.
"Boblin's" produces Unurium in "Team Spirit" chapter, while Unurium is unlocked in "Traders of Unur" chapter
"Glory of Nomble" should produce A1 from "Team Spirit" chapter (when A1 are unlocked) instead of only from "Exile" chapter...

Killy

Wishfull thinking of someone who had no clue how stuff works?

Many people think if I can get more points my problem of gettng gold is solved, what they fail to see is that if you add more points gold need to be rebalanced and will also cost more points.

we have seen so many times that people dream/ask for a change and when they get it are angry it's acompanied by a mayor downside for example.

4 levels of spire would mean ~1800 points for gold required and the current prizes redistributed over 16 extra prize points.
So you might get 5-10% more prizes overall for a lot more work.

This is how you can shatter there dreams

The first 10 chests of tournament haven't changed even so it got a lot easier to archive them. Maybe we just get a platinum badge on top.

CrazyWizard

The first 10 chests of tournament haven't changed even so it got a lot easier to archive them. Maybe we just get a platinum badge on top.
It didn't get easier to reach 10 chest it's still 40K points
It got easier to get 1600 points (and much harder to get high scores)

Those extra chests also add a minor reward for a lot more effort.

Killy

It didn't get easier to reach 10 chest it's still 40K points
It got easier to get 1600 points (and much harder to get high scores)

Those extra chests also add a minor reward for a lot more effort.
:rolleyes: Way more fellowships are getting 10 chests - it got easier. It is still 40k points but those points are more a joke these days. High scores got easier with the fire chicken, with the brown bear and with the new bird. There are other changes that did made it harder, so it depends to when you set your reference point. Compared to the introduction of the chests it is way easier now than then.
For the players that are doing their maximum in tournaments anyway, the extra chests are free and don't cost any effort at all.

Lovec Krys

I think they could rebalance the spire to make it a bit less expensive. Like they did with the tourneys.
Just wait. The more expansions, wonder levels & research you get, the more expensive it gets.

This is tournament of my main city. I think that even without the black line it is clearly visible when we got the new tournament formula. My average tourney score never returned over 10k where it was before:
1652985992827.png

Spire uses the same formula. Negotiation costs are so high that it is out of the question to negotiate the third floor for me. Without fighting with temporary buildings i wouln't be able to go to the top at all (especialy mana & seeds would be wiped very quickly. Orcs not so much since i have 18 armories and 13 milions orc stock).

CrazyWizard

:rolleyes: Way more fellowships are getting 10 chests - it got easier. It is still 40k points but those points are more a joke these days. High scores got easier with the fire chicken, with the brown bear and with the new bird. There are other changes that did made it harder, so it depends to when you set your reference point. Compared to the introduction of the chests it is way easier now than then.
For the players that are doing their maximum in tournaments anyway, the extra chests are free and don't cost any effort at all.
Thats looking at near introduction times and that changed the high scores NOT how many fellowships got gold.
I have been the AM of a fellowship that gets 10+ chest since near the introduction after the with your neighbours part failed and after the Fellowshop part also failed as only 1 fellowship in the worrld was able to get 400.000 points so after 2 short periods we got the current 40K 10 chest thing

We where for years only fellowship that got always 10 chest for years, after some of the by your called changes this changed to a handfull.
The absolute game changer was previous change. the formula is stupid. broken, rediculous and whatever else thats negatve about it, but they called it a succes because it achieved there goal. giving away the first 1600 points did improve tourney participation. and now many fellowships get to 10 chests. what they changed is not the fellowship tourney difficulty thats still the same. what they changed it the participation rate. thats not the same as making the fellowship reward "easier" you still need enough people willing to invest enough time at the tournaments.

In some regard it's more difficult atm as duoing the tourney is a lot more difficult now with the borken formula.

They decided tourney participation was too low, so the lowered the entry barrier, if you want to correlate that to the spire they could make fighting/minigame cheaper to boost participation.

They never lowered the points needed. the original question was more if they wanted to " improve" by giving more prizes and more high scores.
Thats not what happened to the tournament. the the origibal question was if they would make it easier in the spire that would have made sense.

There is a history in elvenar with things we gain after asking it and combining it with a negative to balance it out.
most times people complain they never wanted it and now it's ruined and the do not like the change and they want the old back.

My example did not come out of thin air.

Moncsociusz

Just wait. The more expansions, wonder levels & research you get, the more expensive it gets.

This is tournament of my main city. I think that even without the black line it is clearly visible when we got the new tournament formula. My average tourney score never returned over 10k where it was before:
View attachment 10064
Spire uses the same formula. Negotiation costs are so high that it is out of the question to negotiate the third floor for me. Without fighting with temporary buildings i wouln't be able to go to the top at all (especialy mana & seeds would be wiped very quickly. Orcs not so much since i have 18 armories and 13 milions orc stock).
With my main I have 500 lvl and some expensions. I'm at the last chapter. But I can fight my way to the top all the time in the spire. So I don't have resource issues. But the tourney is different. Since the new phoenix I go 30+ but before that only 20. And when each "tent" you had 4 encounters... Even less. But with the recent changes I'm getting better results even if the AWs and expensions made it a bit harder.

Enevhar Aldarion

I am not sure why people think the tournament is hard in it's current version, at least for the first 10 provinces. My new little Beta city, with the new tech tree, just got far enough into chapter 4 over the weekend to unlock the tournament participation research. I am playing solo until after unlock Spire entry, to see how hard/easy the new research version is, so I made my own solo fellowship for the current tournament. I have 7 elixir provinces open and I have had no problem doing 3 stars in each so far. And I am mostly fighting because those early provinces are so easy to beat.

As for expanding the Spire, maybe once there are more than 10-20 fellowships per server actually getting to Gold. But what they could do is add a 4th floor that only gives the individual rewards and nothing for the group rewards. This would give all the players who easily complete the current 3 floors something extra to do.

Killy

There is a history in elvenar with things we gain after asking it and combining it with a negative to balance it out.
most times people complain they never wanted it and now it's ruined and the do not like the change and they want the old back.

Well, we still got additional chests in the tournament without any changes to the first 10 chests. Besides I have to disagree with the high tournament points. With the stuff I mentioned and the stuff I did not mentioned (like crafting, timewarp + polar bear, spire etc.), I think high tournament points are easier to achieve than at the time before the fire chicken (at least I don't see, how I would have a done a 15k average back at that time). That doesn't change the fact, that the tournament formula is stupid and should be fixed, but I don't think it is not true, that every change is/was bad.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am reading up on the spire wishes from people, but I noticed they are ignoring 1 simple part of it.
Every door has a timer on it and if you don't use the timer spells you get from the tower, there is Hardley time left to do 4 more doors.
So if you want 1 more floor the door lock-out timers need to come down or we need to get a wonder that reduces that time as well as the D111-a "Timewarp" wonder.
And unfortunately that would be a chapter 20 or higher wonder, so absolutely useless to the players that would love to run up the spire every week.

Arthus

Looks like we will have only 1 new chapter per year, as there's almost June and not even traces of it.
Wish they focused on base game instead of events every month, missing crafting challenges and mini events

ekarat

I am not sure why people think the tournament is hard in it's current version, at least for the first 10 provinces. My new little Beta city, with the new tech tree, just got far enough into chapter 4 over the weekend to unlock the tournament participation research. I am playing solo until after unlock Spire entry, to see how hard/easy the new research version is, so I made my own solo fellowship for the current tournament. I have 7 elixir provinces open and I have had no problem doing 3 stars in each so far. And I am mostly fighting because those early provinces are so easy to beat.

As for expanding the Spire, maybe once there are more than 10-20 fellowships per server actually getting to Gold. But what they could do is add a 4th floor that only gives the individual rewards and nothing for the group rewards. This would give all the players who easily complete the current 3 floors something extra to do.

People don't think the first 10 provinces of Tourney got harder. What happened is that Inno rescaled the difficulty curve such that they start easier than before, break even around provinces 10-15 (rough guess, I don't recall precisely), and are harder than they were before past that.

As for Spire difficulty, very few teams get gold, so I don't think adding more levels makes sense. On the other hand, the top of the spire has a squad size equivalent to roughly province 30 in the tourney (with the current scaling), so it does have a lower difficulty cap than tourney.

Aside: However, there are 3 smaller waves, rather than 1 big wave, so the difficulty is harder to compare. Still, I think that if the squad sizes match up, then I believe that Inno intended the top of the spire to be equivalent to province 30 in the tourney. It's just that it's hard to compare difficulty of 3 small waves versus 1 large one.

Backing up a bit for the original question, I haven't seen any indication that Inno is considering it.