• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

Lovec Krys

I didn't know that the chapter tasks would reset at the start of a new chapter. Might make use of that this time around.
Been doig that since Woodelves. It was announced few years back due to lots of players being several chapters behind with chapter quests.

CrazyWizard

Been doig that since Woodelves. It was announced few years back due to lots of players being several chapters behind with chapter quests.
They announced it like a week before I finished my 5 chapter "quest maintenance" lol.
I was like grrrrrr. I spend all this time for nothing, ah well it was a journey

Lelanya

They announced it like a week before I finished my 5 chapter "quest maintenance" lol.
I was like grrrrrr. I spend all this time for nothing, ah well it was a journey
Lol I had a fellow who was backed all the way up to "Build a Magic Academy", when that feature was added, I think he was in chapter 4 at the time. He had a long running ticket with Support to catch up; they had him building old culture and such, then would move along the specific Guest Race Quests. But it was a couple of weeks after he caught up that this was changed

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Back then i simply didn't have enough place to finish the quests by placing the required amount of buildings (and teleports came years later (i know you know this since you play longer than i do)).
Now i'm simply ignoring quests whenever i decide that i don't want to do what quest wants me to do (like upgrading building costing seeds, when all my trader's production goes elsewhere).

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard Back then i simply didn't have enough place to finish the quests by placing the required amount of buildings (and teleports came years later (i know you know this since you play longer than i do)).
Now i'm simply ignoring quests whenever i decide that i don't want to do what quest wants me to do (like upgrading building costing seeds, when all my trader's production goes elsewhere).
I just made space to get trough the quests.
There is always space, the question is how much are you willing to sacrifice

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard For me the choice was obvious - not enough reward, so i ignored that quest and started to declining quests in next chapter (since then i haven't completed a single chapter questline).

Does anyone know what is unlocked with the Ultimate Power tech? If it really is only a portrait that is such a disappointment.

ekarat

yeah .. thinking back, Portal Profit spells are one of the major errors done by Inno. This spell should have been RARE with only 5% and extremely rare with 10%. So rare that we keep it in Inventory to use it only when was a dramatical shortage of something, not to swim in PPs. I see players who went through chapters like the wind, having only the portal and doing almost nothing, having almost 0 understanding of the game but then complaining about "how did you get so many wonder leveeeeelllssss!?!? If I say that I play for 5 years and they play only for 2, they don't find this as a reasonable answer.
Now, because of this abundance of PPs, we get weird new chapters with weird requirements and weird story-line quests, just to compensate the overflowing of PPs.

They were rare before the spire. Even with the spire, someone catching up is going to be always running out of PP instants. What makes them plentiful is that an endgame player can spend 6 months building up the stockpile before the new chapter, and any excess just carries over.

I just caught up from a 1.5 year break from the game, and I was often short on PP instants, so I had to conserve them.

And that is the difficulty balancing anything that accumulates. As another example, some people have a huge stockpile of orcs, and others are always short on orcs.

Alcaro

I just caught up from a 1.5 year break from the game, and I was often short on PP instants, so I had to conserve them.
yes, you are right but even so, shortage for replacing most of the (possible) settlement production is not the same like needing 1 PP just to finish one tech. I still remember when I was in Orcs (loooong time ago) that I was missing only some wisdom shrooms and had to restart the whole process of making shrooms of all sorts. This is what I mean that they should be rare, just to help in worst situations.

Lovec Krys

There is no way how to balance the game for all.
How can you balance players with 3 armories (and no orcs in stock) with players with 20 armories (with milions of orcs in stock)?
How can you balance players who use all of their time instants regularly (so they have no stock) with players who hoard time instants (and have stock of 20k+)?
And i could continue with almost every other game item.

With PP, the main difference is the endgame time and Spire activity.
Players with the largest PPs stock are usualy those, who have been end-game players since introduction of PPs (long time spent between new chapters hoarding PPs) and have been very active in Spire since it started (big PPs income*). Having one or more PPs producing evo also helps a lot.

(* Not to mention Trading stations, i have like 20 just sitting in my inventory forever or until i disenchant them)

Alcaro

There is no way how to balance the game for all.
How can you balance players with 3 armories (and no orcs in stock) with players with 20 armories (with milions of orcs in stock)?
How can you balance players who use all of their time instants regularly (so they have no stock) with players who hoard time instants (and have stock of 20k+)?
And i could continue with almost every other game item.

With PP, the main difference is the endgame time and Spire activity.
Players with the largest PPs stock are usualy those, who have been end-game players since introduction of PPs (long time spent between new chapters hoarding PPs) and have been very active in Spire since it started (big PPs income*). Having one or more PPs producing evo also helps a lot.

(* Not to mention Trading stations, i have like 20 just sitting in my inventory forever or until i disenchant them)

Agree with you to some extent. Some of the situations depicted by you are personal choices (armories, time instants) and I do not speak about those situations. I speak about using so many PPs that the settlements were not even built. This is the reason why the last chapters have such requirements, exactly to avoid this abuse of PP and not playing the game.

Anyway, at the end of the day it's all about choices. My personal choice (for now) is to keep playing in Beta but in slow motion. There's nothing I can do with the shortage of end-game players except waiting and hoping that more players will decide to advance rather than sitting on a chapter and do nothing.

Enevhar Aldarion

There is a quest for chapter 19 that requires 10 residences at level 43, but because of all the magic residences won in the Spire, I have 9 magic and zero normal residences out. My question is whether Magic residences and workshops still count double for quests or do I need to either level up one normal residence or hope to win another magic residence before I get to that quest?

Bor de Wolf 1965

Magic residence chapter 19 count as level 43 residence.
Same goes for the magic workplaces.

I had that quest and I have 21 magic residence chapter 19 and they counted.
Now I only need 1 more magic workshop to get the quest with 4 level 43 workshops done before I unlock the development ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Edit: Alright, here is the confusing part.

There are two quests for each in the chapter for the workshop to level 42 and the workshop to level 43 and the residence to level 42 and residence to level 43. The workshop quests each want four and I have five magic workshops to complete those, so those were no problem whether counted as double or not. The residence quests want 10 and I have 9 magic workshops. They worked for the level 42 quest, so they counted as two buildings each for that quest, but I am not sure if they will also for the level 43 quest. I think because the magic buildings are the same as a level 43, they might only count as one and I will have to build one more residence to complete the quest.

Last edited:

Skillpowers

Edit: Alright, here is the confusing part.

There are two quests for each in the chapter for the workshop to level 42 and the workshop to level 43 and the residence to level 42 and residence to level 43. The workshop quests each want four and I have five magic workshops to complete those, so those were no problem whether counted as double or not. The residence quests want 10 and I have 9 magic workshops. They worked for the level 42 quest, so they counted as two buildings each for that quest, but I am not sure if they will also for the level 43 quest. I think because the magic buildings are the same as a level 43, they might only count as one and I will have to build one more residence to complete the quest.
the magic building counts as the highest level building you can have in any chapter so it counts for lvl 42+43

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Enevhar Aldarion just to clear up the confusing part you have.
As I said, and also Skillpowers, a magic house chapter 19 counts as a level 43 house.
quest 36: upgrade or have 10 houses at level 42 (or higher)
Do you think a magic house that counts as a level 43 house would count here as well?
quest 73: have at least 10 houses at level 43.
Do you think 9 magic houses counts as 10?

Quest 36 and 73 both request you to have 10 houses at level 42 or 43 while you have only 9 magic houses.
You will be 1 house short for both quests.
I hope you get lucky very soon so you have your 10th magic house or else you need to level 1 house to level 42 and 43 during this chapter.