• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2021

Mrietha

I felt the same yesterday. It was weird. However, today the drops seem to be l
ike usual. I’ll keep watching them closely. ;)
To me in chapter 2 I get an option to make 1 Combining Catalyst.
Yay, I just placed the building and it takes me 19:30 hours to complete.
Am I happy with this quest?
No.

It is things like this that would drive a new player away with a hole in someone's map in a few weeks.

If you are in your real.world, and in Chapter 2 as a new player, I don't think this would bother you. You are still trying to figure out the game and now you have an Event, you need to play and still work on your City.
You'd just shrug and figure it's part of the game.
As Beta players we don't/can't always think like newbies because we come here as experienced players.

(It says I'm a new player, I'm not. I took at least 10 months off. When I tried to get back into the forum, I wasn't recognized and had to register again.)

Mrietha

Yes, you definitely need to refresh your page. This applies to your phone as well. I just log out and then back in and have all my keys, or whatever else is being gifted.

Avocado

Well....I agree, that Boblin Express Service does not produce enough goods, the owl last year was significantly better in Mana and T3. (In chap X, Evo10, around 4000 better) And the owl had a (relatively) useful added Effect, unlike these Relics ??! here. Who needs these? I dare say no one except beginners below the T2 700%Bonus.

And with 30+36+dropping keys a day, about 20 event currency less than in other events, is that still balanced to yield the same amount of big prizes in the end?

And why is that tome-of-artifact-choice totally unreachable? (Whereas we have to work hard for the unneded 3 runes). My poor winter owl will stay level 7 that way :(. With lots of luck and 2 more in the FA, Level 8.

And there is no league. I miss it, because there is no motivation coming from the extra prizes.

So in the end, it is a christmas with less presents than usual, no shining light of prize happiness in my eyes.

I like the existence of tomes of choice, the spectral spire bribe and the sip of clarity. Very much so.

Are the prizes in the postal boxes better than last years? Or than in other events? Someone said so. Would be nice. Maybe it would change my perspective. But for now, I am in a moderate to low-keyed mood about this Christmas event.

One2Many

Wondering about the key (event points) in the Winter Magic event? Don't we normally get one more reward per quest completed? I'm on quest 58 and am still getting 34 keys. Usually the last quest in an event (no. 75) offers about 70 event rewards.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I just got again a very difficult quest as a H2 player.
solve encounters and/or spire encounters (4)
produce baskets of groceries

Bor de Wolf 1965

and now for an imposible task
onmogelijk.png

People in chapter 1 or before the unlock part of ancient wonders can't do this quest.

SoggyShorts

People in chapter 1 or before the unlock part of ancient wonders can't do this quest.
Yup. This gets copy pasted into the quest list close to half of the events.
Just super lazy from the devs.
Ask support and they'll most likely fix it for you and this will probably be fixed on live by switching it to "or spend 15 KP" like the did the last 6(?) Times they made this exact mistake

Heymrdiedier

In my opinion, people in chapter 1 and 2 shouldnt be doing events anyway. Or at least not activly hunt for quests, but just do what you can in normal gameplay. The rewards you would get, will get obsolete so fast, its really not worth the hassle.

But i realise thats just my opinion

Jackluyt

In my opinion, people in chapter 1 and 2 shouldnt be doing events anyway. Or at least not activly hunt for quests, but just do what you can in normal gameplay. The rewards you would get, will get obsolete so fast, its really not worth the hassle.

There is another way of looking at this you know - a lot of the 'filler material' which for advanced players is unwelcome junk, would be very useful for a beginner. Surely this is what the designers had in mind when they worked out the prize allocation? Something for everyone, at every level.
And if that is the case, events should be playable for everyone - and the designers have acknowledged that with the new-style quest set which has very few of the 'game-stopper quests' that we saw in the original event versions.
:)

If you make events 'impossible' for newcomers, that is going to cause some players to give up before they have even started. Retention of 'newbies' is an important factor in game design, because Innogames apparently makes a large slice of their cash income from players who have played for six months or less.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

@SoggyShorts and I have had that discussion/argument with others on the US forum over this more than once, but it seems like it is always the newest players arguing against a minimum chapter for anything.

Mrietha

View attachment 9597

But you can do that quest. It says "any ancient wonder" not YOUR ancient wonder!
You can visit . someone in your Fellowship, or a neighbor and gift them with the points, or use an instant. This is what I did and still do.

Enevhar Aldarion

But you can do that quest. It says "any ancient wonder" not YOUR ancient wonder!
You can visit . someone in your Fellowship, or a neighbor and gift them with the points, or use an instant. This is what I did and still do.

You cannot add KP to any AW at all, yours or someone else's, until you complete your first AW research.

Mrietha

I like the Winter event and I like the prizes, most of them. Here I am in Orcs and Goblins, and in my real world: Halfings.
But ...... I already have 3 Slides - with 20 more days to go! What am I supposed to do with all these and future slides.
Please don't tell me to disenchant them. I have more spell fragments and unwanted buildings than I need.
More variety in event buildings would be nice.

GerdyaanB

I like the Winter event and I like the prizes, most of them. Here I am in Orcs and Goblins, and in my real world: Halfings.
But ...... I already have 3 Slides - with 20 more days to go! What am I supposed to do with all these and future slides.
Please don't tell me to disenchant them. I have more spell fragments and unwanted buildings than I need.
More variety in event buildings would be nice.
You yourself decided to obtain more then one sled....with 20plus days to come you will not have enough event currency to obtain prices you might have wanted later on....

Last edited:

Mrietha

If I open a post office box at random and get a slide, how do I choose that? Today my big prize is the Snowball fight. I got the slide in addition to the snowball fight.