• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered What can I do with "spy" cities?

Moncsociusz

Hi guys!

This might be off topic, but I'm struggling with this on my live. I'm the a Mage for a top 20 fellowship. It was top 10 but lot of old players left because of lack of time. And I already had 2 spying cities joining in the last year. I checked them on elvenstats, they seemed legit. I don't know what to do with these. Do you report this? Is it against the rules? Or is it just unpleasant? How can I avoid this?

I am somewhat flattered, that people are interested and trying to steal information. I made several innovations. I personally have no problem with this, but I am responsible for a whole fellowship and gaming community. So I feel like I should do something. Thanks for the help! ^^

Alcaro

I'm curious, what are the information that those spies can get and not being available somewhere in a forum. You say that those spies are in your FS for a year? What exactly is making them "spies"? How do you know?

Moncsociusz

They are not in for a year, just 2 for sure joined in this last year period instead of members who would stay. These "spy" cities usually joined some weeks before the FA and left after the FA. They are usually interested in FA strategies as far as I noticed. I have a separate google docs with strategies, guidelines for fellows. Have an automated excel sheet for FA, and we have our own in-house league from tourney and spire points. My fellowship is usually at the top 5 in FA. But then i am back for looking for a new member to their place and it is getting harder.

Moncsociusz

I'm curious, what are the information that those spies can get and not being available somewhere in a forum. You say that those spies are in your FS for a year? What exactly is making them "spies"? How do you know?
And the how do I know part is the best part. Usually they tell me afterwards xD hahaha crazy.

Alcaro

Aaah, sooo! But in this case, if they move in/ out from a FS for a FA, then it's easy to spot them in Elvenstats, right? There is the history of all FS where a player was til present.

Moncsociusz

Aaah, sooo! But in this case, if they move in/ out from a FS for a FA, then it's easy to spot them in Elvenstats, right? There is the history of all FS where a player was til present.
Yeah, but when I checked it it is not as suspicious if someone changed to a new FS after 1-2 months. And before they have been in an FS for a longer time.

Moncsociusz

Question is, what they are doing with the informations gathered? Changing their own behavior?
To be honest, I have no idea. As far as I gathered they were trying to find out FA strategies and how to prepare. I have no clue what's the use of this.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I try to look at it a different way.
Some players like to find a warm homely feeling in a fellowship.
They play the game like they should and even do their job during an FA.
But in the end they noticed there is still something missing for what they need.
They can't tell you what they are missing for it is a feeling, but they will leave in the end and start looking for a new home.

You might see them as a spy account but I look at them as a person looking for a partner to spend the rest of their life with.
The only difference is, breaking up is normally not so messy compared to real life relationships.