• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Knowledge Sharing Fellowship Perks

Enevhar Aldarion

Gaining XP from doing daily visits is already putting pressure on players to log in every day, and now this one will apply more pressure for daily log ins. In fellowships that enforce this, and try to only recruit daily players, there will be a lot of hurt feelings as players who do not play every day start getting kicked out of their fellowships for daily players.

Aeva

What would be the problem @Karvest is one uses the free kp to spend in the Net0 ?
Say you choose 15 to give, put that on the sheet and then give the 5 for free plus 10 out of stock kp's?

The Fairy

What would be the problem @Karvest is one uses the free kp to spend in the Net0 ?
Say you choose 15 to give, put that on the sheet and then give the 5 for free plus 10 out of stock kp's?

In Net0 you mostly spend KP in your own wonder, so I don't think all 25 members will donate to another member's wonder every single day.

Skillpowers

You would need 25 chest aviable per day at moments players are online, thats the problem, this is very hard to do.
the only way inno can make this KP perk usable so no people would complain is that you can use the "free kp" of the perk on ur own wonders once a day. the higher the perk the more kp you can spend for free on ur own wonders but its still working together as an FS to get that perk higher so the hole "forcing to use on another member" need to dissapear and let it use on ur own wonders. the perk system itself is already "fs members working together to get more benefits"

CrazyWizard

the only way inno can make this KP perk usable so no people would complain is that you can use the "free kp" of the perk on ur own wonders once a day. the higher the perk the more kp you can spend for free on ur own wonders but its still working together as an FS to get that perk higher so the hole "forcing to use on another member" need to dissapear and let it use on ur own wonders. the perk system itself is already "fs members working together to get more benefits"

Nah I like the only fellows idea, but let us save them up so we can use them in the way we like

Skillpowers

Nah I like the only fellows idea, but let us save them up so we can use them in the way we like
i think thats a little much to ask coding wise since the "all option to produce orks in armory" doesn't even exist yet , so coding to "save" up might be to hard.

Karvest

Btw, looking at how they count tournament archive points spent on tourney - if free KP would appear in AWs in the same way (additional greyed out row "free KP" that is not counted towards reward chests, no matter who invested it) - it would be perfect.

Jaxom

I guess a FS could put out a message each week that lists the members who get KPs on specific days.
Only players who 'opt-in' would be on the eligible. If a player has marked a favorite that wonder gets them. If not then random.
The person controlling the message skips inactive players and those who do not participate.

I think some FS could find someone willing to do the work to monitor participation. If someone isn't giving they would not receive.
But I i am not sure that is worth the effort and likely confusion. So we will probably skip this perk.

Maybe it will be improved so that it does become worthwhile. I can see how it could help newer players build up their first wonders. Not a game changer for advanced players.

Jaxom

And this is exactly why it is not a nice add on.
It becomes management like in work in stead of teambuilding in a game.
I agree completely! But there are some players who enjoy doing the management work for FAs. They love doing a spreadsheet to track things and they note who has contributed so that the FS knows when they can collect a chest.
This perk may well not appeal to most players but some FSs will find it a teambuilding activity if they have a person to manage/monitor it.

SoggyShorts

I guess a FS could put out a message each week that lists the members who get KPs on specific days.
Bleh. So much work, requires EVERYONE to read messages and log in daily to keep fair.
I see a few work arounds none of which are great:
KP swap thread (unfair due to chests)

KP target: have everyone put all PERK KP into [my monastery] until full then repay through net Zero (ugly, but since it needs 1,000+ KP at least it's every few weeks?)

KP pairs: group fellows into teams of 2 who just swap KP daily into non-net zero wonders
Figure out minor imbalances when full.

DeletedUser3773

I guess I'm not sure I understand how chests cause unfairness in swap thread? Is it due to the randomness of who gets the rewards from each chest?

KP target: have everyone put all PERK KP into [my monastery] until full then repay through net Zero (ugly, but since it needs 1,000+ KP at least it's every few weeks?)
I don't follow repayment logic. Does the target player repay only the people who got chests, because not everyone will get them? How do you repay using Net0? Isn't donating using that system already balanced so how does using it give a repayment?

KP pairs: group fellows into teams of 2 who just swap KP daily into non-net zero wonders
Well, at least each member of the pair is guaranteed the top chest of the AW, but the rest of the chests go to waste unless you get your FS to fill the remaining ones with 1KP each or something.

SoggyShorts

I guess I'm not sure I understand how chests cause unfairness in swap thread? Is it due to the randomness of who gets the rewards from each chest?
Yes, traditional KP message swap threads are inherently unfair because the chest rewards are not evenly distributed.
I don't follow repayment logic. Does the target player repay only the people who got chests, because not everyone will get them? How do you repay using Net0? Isn't donating using that system already balanced so how does using it give a repayment?
For example, if you got the top chest in [my monastery] by putting in 100 KP and got back 60 KP from the chest then for the next wonder that you put into the Net0 I would grab your top chest and overpay for it by 40 KP. But to do that for all 24 FS members would be gross. I'm not actually recommending this at all.
Well, at least each member of the pair is guaranteed the top chest of the AW, but the rest of the chests go to waste unless you get your FS to fill the remaining ones with 1KP each or something.
When the Wonder is ~1/2 full you'd put it up for Net0 like normal so all chests other than the top one would be break-even like normal.
You and your swap partner would then top up that final chest to even things out as needed.
Still kinda ugly but the best I've come up with.

Last edited:

Alcaro

I stick to my idea that Wonder Society is the best system around and works like a charm also for KP perks.
Now I witnessed at first hand how Net0 works and it's far from being perfect. Just one intruder and all it's messed up, you can't simply kick them out without starting to make a list of whom you have to compensate for their loss, just a misclick and again you have to track who gave what, what you got extra, to compensate them.

EDIT:
I forgot the main reason I posted here :D :D
Unless one FS uses WS system, the best (IMHO) is to avoid that stupid KP perk.

SoggyShorts

I stick to my idea that Wonder Society is the best system around and works like a charm also for KP perks.
Try being on the administrative side of a wonder society for a few hundred upgrades, you'll change your tune.:p
I used to spend 30 minutes per day helping run the WS with 3-5 other people.
Now I've spent under 30 minutes total in the 4 months we've been doing net0 :oops:

Last edited: