• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Exception to KP warning showing up

edeba

When two people go to put KP into the same AW at almost the same time the warning about a KP instant exceeding the number of KP needed doesn't show up if the other person put kp in before you.

The exact example of warning failure was an AW needed 20kp and I managed to get 13kp in and the AW finished. Meanwhile another player used a 20kp instant and no warning came up that there was no longer 20kp left. I showed up with 13kp in the AW and the other player with 7kp. I used free kp and then was using 3kp instants, so I definitely started to put KP in first.

I could not see the other player on the AW and the other player couldn't see me.

Enevhar Aldarion

Sounds like more of the lag this game has been experiencing higher amounts of lately. I am surprised neither of you got a Stream Error from this potentially putting you out of sync with the server.

Deleted User - 79208

I would not say that this is a bug.

Why there is no Warning in this case.
The state of a wonder is loaded when you enter the city of that player (or over that new menu).
The check if there are excess KP is done by the frontend before the request for donation is sent and is based on the values loaded beforehand.
If that checks is valid the request is sent to the backend is will be succesfull if there is at least 1 KP missing.

There is no reload of a wonderstate if someone else donated. This would require some major changes on that feature which also would led to more traffic needed between client and backend.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Personally i would treat this as not a bug either.
Can you please fill in a complete bug report so we can at least see, what your expected behavior would be?

Karvest

There is a websocket message (sent via chat server) that updates AW research state for AW owner when someone donates KP, I guess Inno can use the same message to send updates for AWs of visited cities (subscribe on updates on visit/open AW list/open specific AW, unsubscribe on any other action (except KP donations, of course).
Or at least move KP overflow check from client to server with additional request asking user to confirm donation if it overflows AW.

edeba

Personally i would treat this as not a bug either.
Can you please fill in a complete bug report so we can at least see, what your expected behavior would be?
The expected behaviour is the warning that there isn't enough room for a 20kp instant, because there wasn't. Normally there is a warning when there isn't enough room for a KP instant. Indeed in the discussion in our FS the player that used the 20kp stated that he expected it to either put in 20kp or give the warning that there wasn't enough room.

Marindor

This was reported before, but it's such an edge case and changing it is so complex that it has been decided to leave this behaviour as it is.