• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Undocumented changes

Aeva

batteling the spire is very easy IF you use a repetable but fair amount of combat buildings
You're right about that.
Because in lower midchapters everything is a bit difficult, I think it is worth it to take care of these things as early as possible. So you have a bit of a stack if and when you need it. As long as you are not in a hurry a.k.a. a slow player, you can built some in the lower chapters.

maxiqbert

It depends, what your enemies are.
I revived one of my accounts to get some experience battleling the spire, and there is a very important sidenote. this is my experience
  • If you are going to battle in the game vanilla, you get smacked in the face hard.
  • You will need some 2/3* units to make it work. lets say ~Wizards and Dragons chapter.
  • If you add a fire bird, 1 UUU, 1 LR and 1 MM 95% of the battles are a breeze and very easy to do, it's a completely different spire.
I think this is very important to mention that yes batteling the spire is very easy IF you use a repetable but fair amount of combat buildings. and if you do not all this easy fighting people speak about once you try it it's a total nightmare that will stop most people from even trying again.

I mean you get some nasty autolosses in the second map already and you'll get really hammered big time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but here are my 2 cents:
I always tell my newbies the same :
- negotiate all of it up to the wizards, combat all the way after, because mana is getting in the way
- while you're small, get the combat wonders up and running, thus you're ready for the fights when it's needed. When it was possible, i told them to go for the bird, but it's not always possible.
- use as many temporary boosts as you need for the spire, you don't need them for the tournament. Meaning it's better to put them in your city on thursday or friday to make 2 spire with them
- use as many time instants as needed to make the troops. The spire is still worth it.

CrazyWizard

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but here are my 2 cents:
I always tell my newbies the same :
- negotiate all of it up to the wizards, combat all the way after, because mana is getting in the way
- while you're small, get the combat wonders up and running, thus you're ready for the fights when it's needed. When it was possible, i told them to go for the bird, but it's not always possible.
- use as many temporary boosts as you need for the spire, you don't need them for the tournament. Meaning it's better to put them in your city on thursday or friday to make 2 spire with them
- use as many time instants as needed to make the troops. The spire is still worth it.
The point is that it's quite often said just fight te spire is cheaper and easier.
And thats true, but only under certain conditions.

If you do not note the conditions, people will try, get smacked and think he/she is insane and never try again.

The difference between with and without a bit of combat boost is absolutely huge you go from autolosses to 5% loss.
It's not a small difference and it makes a huge difference between the experience of $%@!%@%# spire I hate you and Lalalalala the spire is easy and fun tralalalalala.

So it's important for us to make sure we properly inform people and tell them the difference when they ask for information.

Aeva

Another thing I noticed is that smaller newer players tend to play without a proper military force and with minimal goods. If you attempt to do the spire and you run out of resources before the first endboss, yes then it looks very difficult indeed.

maxiqbert

Another thing I noticed is that smaller newer players tend to play without a proper military force and with minimal goods. If you attempt to do the spire and you run out of resources before the first endboss, yes then it looks very difficult indeed.
well, that means noone gave them any good info.
And since the spire is only for chapter 3+, it's very much a staff failure when it happens.
Or newbies that don't go into fellowships, and so it's their own failure.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
well, that means noone gave them any good info.
And since the spire is only for chapter 3+, it's very much a staff failure when it happens.
Or newbies that don't go into fellowships, and so it's their own failure.
Or its noones failure? :)
I mean not everything should be handed out for free, there needs to be a challenge in the game, or it would be very boring.
(And yes I'm well aware that in some conditions the challenge are nearly impossible for some players)

maxiqbert

Or its noones failure? :)
I mean not everything should be handed out for free, there needs to be a challenge in the game, or it would be very boring.
(And yes I'm well aware that in some conditions the challenge are nearly impossible for some players)
when i mentioned staff, I meant mages of the fellowship, not you

Enevhar Aldarion

So we got a new update on a non-normal day this week. Beta updated to 1.137 on Thursday, instead of waiting until Monday, which I thought was the standard update day for Beta. Anything new and interesting to find that they again did not bother to do an Update Note for?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
So we got a new update on a non-normal day this week. Beta updated to 1.137 on Thursday, instead of waiting until Monday, which I thought was the standard update day for Beta. Anything new and interesting to find that they again did not bother to do an Update Note for?

How do you mean, non-normal day? Beta has had daily updates for a long time now, since 2017.

see here for more info: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/beta-daily-update-process.7495/

Enevhar Aldarion

How do you mean, non-normal day? Beta has had daily updates for a long time now, since 2017.

see here for more info: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/beta-daily-update-process.7495/

The big specific ones are normally always on a Monday on Beta, on a Tuesday on EN, and on a Thursday on US and everywhere else. I don't remember seeing an update that should normally get a Release Note on the Beta forum happening other than on a Monday. Going from 1.136 version to 1.137 version is not a daily update. Those are something like 1.136.1 to 1.136.2

CrazyWizard

The big specific ones are normally always on a Monday on Beta, on a Tuesday on EN, and on a Thursday on US and everywhere else. I don't remember seeing an update that should normally get a Release Note on the Beta forum happening other than on a Monday. Going from 1.136 version to 1.137 version is not a daily update. Those are something like 1.136.1 to 1.136.2

Quite often beta closes the update process on a thursday or friday for the live release on tuesday / thrusday next week on live.
Anyway who cares when they decide to close the beta update and move on to the next.

I dont mind if they close it 3 times a week, it's not something I should be concerned about.

Biloutte91

In the Main Hall T8 :)

1630266003580.png

Last edited: