• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [Battle] Special abilities for our units

DeletedUser778

To add more complexity and strategy to our battles i was thinking about giving special abilities to our units.

Something like:
"root in/out" for ents = give them range attack of 3, when rooted in, but they can not move(or maybe just not attack) in the round of rooting (alike the protector trees in warcraft 3:p)
"longshot" for archer = attack range +1, damage multiplicator *0,8
or "arrow rain" = mark a hex in the archers range, where they deploy a rain of arrows, so in the next round enemy units can't walk over it
"pierce" for crossbows = if a unit stands behind the attacked unit it gets 0,3 of the damage too
"berserk" for barbarians = they attack all units around them with damage multiplicator *0,5
"leap" for sword dancers = they can jump over 1 wide obstacles
"rabies" for cerberus = damage multiplicator *1,2, but defensive bonus *0,5
"roll" for golems = let them get a ball of stone, what can roll 3 or 4 hex in one line, they can't attack, but enemys in their path get 1,2 x dmg
"stone curse" for sorceress = turn an enemy unit into stone, so it can't attack/be attacked for one round
"heal" for priests (how obvious) = heal an allied unit for 40% of their missing hp.
"banner" for palas = let them deploy a banner instead of attacking, what gives some bonusses in a radius of 1 or 2, like allied units get 10% damage reduction and 200% strike back damage.

To make it not to op, limit the uses of the abilities to 1-3 per unit per encounter.

So these are the things that came to my mind if u have other suggestions i'm happy to hear (read) them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser157

I don't dislike your idea but how would you use one of them abilities ?

The only way i can see it going is if the ability is used at random and you have no control over it.
Another option i guess would be to click on your unit to open up a sub menu and click a thing there to use it.

DeletedUser

Do I need to spend even more time for one battle? I already spend five minutes and have 1-2 loss of squads. And how would you give the enemy such bonuses?

DeletedUser745

I like the idea. This would add some fun and strategy. I just see some bonus on an other way:
- ents: can strike back to all attacks until root out but cannot attack
- barbarians: they attack all units around them with damage multiplicator *0,5 but take 50% more damage during next round
- priests: "Holy Protection": remove all curses on a squad and increases HP by 25% for one round

To make it not to op, limit the uses of the abilities to 1-3 per unit per encounter.
And also add some cooldown (1 turn for example)

And how would you give the enemy such bonuses?
Simple: add same capacity to NPC units that are equivalent:
- Sword dancer <=> Thief
- Golem <=> Steinling
- Sorceress <=> Necromancer
- and so on...

DeletedUser

I admit it would give more possibilities, but do I want to spend 15minutes for battles, maybe.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Implemented in the form of special abilities used by upgraded units and certain guest race units :)