• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Undocumented changes

Enevhar Aldarion

Looks like the app version of the Merchant is ready for chapters 19 and 20:

20210716_030906.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

I am more concerned that we will have to use the same five Merchants for all three tiers of Ascended goods trades. Unless chapter 19 only uses tier 2 Ascended and chapter 20 only uses tier 3 Ascended, it will make it that much more difficult to do, if a mix of tiers are needed in those two chapters.

CrazyWizard

I am more concerned that we will have to use the same five Merchants for all three tiers of Ascended goods trades. Unless chapter 19 only uses tier 2 Ascended and chapter 20 only uses tier 3 Ascended, it will make it that much more difficult to do, if a mix of tiers are needed in those two chapters.
I am only concerned if they add those to the spire, in that case the spire master mind game will be dead once you hit chapter 19

edeba

I am only concerned if they add those to the spire, in that case the spire master mind game will be dead once you hit chapter 19
There's a good reason to stop at chapter 18. Right now there doesn't appear to be any reason to have any manu for ascended goods once the chapter is finished.

Lovec Krys

The Spire master mind game is already dead in ch18 even without unurium and T7+ there. Fighting is the only option thanks to the raising costs of everything there, seeds leading, mana shortly follows, and for anyone having low lv Simia (high expired goods decay) also T4-6 is a big problem. The third floor is already unnegotiable for end game players.

CrazyWizard

The Spire master mind game is already dead in ch18 even without unurium and T7+ there. Fighting is the only option thanks to the raising costs of everything there, seeds leading, mana shortly follows, and for anyone having low lv Simia (high expired goods decay) also T4-6 is a big problem. The third floor is already unnegotiable for end game players.
Guess I am special :p

Negotiate myself to the top every week using a whopping 0 diamonds :D

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard I had been doing the same, but the costs - especialy for seeds and mana - has risen to the point i have given up on negotiating.

I also have never used a single diamond in the Spire.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Yes, it is => temporary boosting buildings mandatory to conquer the 3rd floor (and even with them it can sometimes have very ugly combination for fighting).
But I know from first hand how bad negotiating there can be. I have experienced guessing it for the first try and also giving up after unsuccessfull 20 tries and running out of several resources.

CrazyWizard

Adjust your city to have more resources, mana never an issue and I do not have a single mana producing building.
I just got unlimited mana from the combiation of tournaments and dragon abbey. (I use about 50-60 spells a week anyway)

Seeds? try to work around it with as much as possible alternatives.
I had a very very very very expensive spire this week, but next week things will be better.

Yes it will be expensive, and no you can't ignore your town and accept it will work, you will need to find your weakness, work around it in negotiations and modify your town to improve those weaknesses.

maxiqbert

Adjust your city to have more resources, mana never an issue and I do not have a single mana producing building.
I just got unlimited mana from the combiation of tournaments and dragon abbey. (I use about 50-60 spells a week anyway)

Seeds? try to work around it with as much as possible alternatives.
I had a very very very very expensive spire this week, but next week things will be better.

Yes it will be expensive, and no you can't ignore your town and accept it will work, you will need to find your weakness, work around it in negotiations and modify your town to improve those weaknesses.
or you can pump a few troops, put down some boosting thingies and just combat through it.
Do it every week, no sweat.

edit : the triple battle isn't a lot worse than the double.
It's just more of the same really.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard I have adjusted my city to the increased costs. I have switched to fighting before it went critical. The negotiating with seeds is especialy bad during periods of upgrading buildings when you need to spend milions of seeds to upgrade them.
And with DA 16 i would need double the amount of spells anyway (2 spells for a single try in the 3rd floor), and now in ch18 i need to use spells every few days just to keep the settlement production up (the 16 settlement buildings consume a little more mana then i produce without using spells (one of the reasons i didn't bother to upgrade them to lv3, the other reason is that i'm fed up with merchants anyway)).

Enevhar Aldarion

In my chapter 18 US city, I normally put out one each of mage and light ranged and 50% extra health, maxed Fire, all six military AWs between level 11 and 16, and I fight the entire Spire each week. I almost never have to try a fight twice and I always auto-fight. This week was the first time in maybe a year that one fight was so opposite for enemy troops, that I negotiated it instead.

Aeva

I actually prefer the triple battles to the negotiation with too many goods and worse chances.

Enevhar Aldarion

Anyone seen anything new lately? The mobile app updated to 1.136 on Thursday, yet we have no release notes for version 1.135 at all. I would guess the browser version will update to 1.136 on Monday.

CrazyWizard

I actually prefer the triple battles to the negotiation with too many goods and worse chances.

It depends, what your enemies are.
I revived one of my accounts to get some experience battleling the spire, and there is a very important sidenote. this is my experience
  • If you are going to battle in the game vanilla, you get smacked in the face hard.
  • You will need some 2/3* units to make it work. lets say ~Wizards and Dragons chapter.
  • If you add a fire bird, 1 UUU, 1 LR and 1 MM 95% of the battles are a breeze and very easy to do, it's a completely different spire.
I think this is very important to mention that yes batteling the spire is very easy IF you use a repetable but fair amount of combat buildings. and if you do not all this easy fighting people speak about once you try it it's a total nightmare that will stop most people from even trying again.

I mean you get some nasty autolosses in the second map already and you'll get really hammered big time.