• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

AW/ FP share in our fellowship

SoggyShorts

Here's a better updated explanation of it:

NetZero
Requirements:

• At least 8 players who are part of it logging in each day
  • Each player needs a stash of ~50-100 KP in instants that will be tied up in the system
Basic idea:
Each player has one of their own wonders that they are working on at the same time. Players reserve chests in those wonders for zero profit by donating the exact amount that the chests give as rewards.

How it works:
  1. A player announces in the NetZero message thread "I'm doing my Golden Abyss next"(optional, self fill it half-way first)
  2. As players log in and see the message they visit the GA and reserve the topmost available reward chest
  3. The player who reserves the final 5 KP reward chest posts in the thread "Chests done" so that others don't waste time checking.
  4. The owner of that GA fills it at their own pace.
Your wonder needs 500 KP to fill
A: Donates 30 gets 30 from chest 100% return
B: Donates 25 gets 25 from chest 100% return
C: Donates 20 gets 20 from chest 100% return
D: Donates 10 gets 10 from chest 100% return
E: Donates 5 gets 5 from chest 100% return
You: Donates 400 to self, gets 500 KP wonder filled 125% return

Troubleshooting:
Sometimes a mistake can happen where two players both try and reserve the same chest at the same time. If this happens, the wonder owner can simply reimburse the player who has now overpaid by overpaying the same amount on their next wonder.
E.G.
  1. The top chest in my wonder has 40 KP in rewards, and the second has 30 KP.
  2. Dave and Jim each donate 40 with Dave getting the top spot.
  3. Since Jim has now paid 40 for the 30 KP chest he is owed 10 KP.
  4. He then tells me that he will be working on his [ToS] wonder after his current one is full.
  5. I go to his [ToS] wonder and grab the top 45 KP spot but I overpay with 55 KP to balance us out.

Karvest

A simple google sheet helps a lot with troubleshooting (and avoiding mistakes).
It also gives a good overview of what happens so that you can just look there once a day-two and fill in free chests without even tracking notifications mail. When there are 15-20 active members, it's much easier to use spreadsheet instead of spamming each chest into mail thread.

DeletedUser3726

A simple google sheet helps a lot with troubleshooting (and avoiding mistakes).
It also gives a good overview of what happens so that you can just look there once a day-two and fill in free chests without even tracking notifications mail. When there are 15-20 active members, it's much easier to use spreadsheet instead of spamming each chest into mail thread.
In my international fellowship we don't bother with a spreadsheet - we just use a single message thread where the person who wants their chests filled posts like this:
Eudaemonia - Needles - 6 5 4 3 2 1

The numbers represent the chests so if a player takes a chest they just copy the last message, deletes the last chest and posts the edited message. The player who takes the last chest simply puts 'clear' in the final message.

Karvest

We are full now, but that system works even between different fellowships, we have a few members from other FS. Within single FS it's more comfy as you can invest KP from FS list but can't do it from notifications mail thread/search box.

SoggyShorts

Interesting. The spreadsheet seems like a step backwards to me though since I felt the whole point was to simplify.
I find it very smooth just using 1 message thread to post your request like so:
Soggyshorts messages everyone this:
Karvest: needles <--- wonder still with open chests from previous message
Soggyshorts: Simia <--- my new wonder
GorGlin: Toads DONE <---because I just took the last chest
A separate thread for "admin" in case there is a screw-up, but those seem to be super rare.
When there are 15-20 active members, it's much easier to use spreadsheet instead of spamming each chest into mail thread.
In ours we only message new wonders and last chests, there is no reason to send a message when you reserve any chest other than the last one.

Karvest

Interesting. The spreadsheet seems like a step backwards to me though since I felt the whole point was to simplify.
Spreadsheet was originally created when there were no info about chest value ingame, so using it was almost mandatory.
Now using it is just a matter of personal preference, for me visual representation in a single window is more comfy than a bunch of messages, especially when it comes to troubleshooting.
Spreadsheet have some miscellaneous advantages though:
It almost prevents simultaneous investments (as all collisions are resolved at selecting chest in the sheet stage).
Allows players to get not highest value chests leaving highes ones for those who need specific runes.
interesting, something like a secret community can I join this company?
If you won't find some fellowship using it (I believe it's much more comfy), I can add you to our google sheet and notifications thread.

SoggyShorts

Spreadsheet was originally created when there were no info about chest value ingame, so using it was almost mandatory
Ahh I see. My motivation for asking the developers to add the chest info in-game was for better AW systems. I totally agree that Net0 would be much too hard without a sheet or this https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/show-aw-reward-chests-before-donations.10521/
It almost prevents simultaneous investments (as all collisions are resolved at selecting chest in the sheet stage).
Allows players to get not highest value chests leaving highes ones for those who need specific runes.
The first is a small advantage, but a good one, however, I don't think that the extra effort in fixing mistakes is more than the effort of maintaining a sheet. (totally depends on how many and how bad the mistakes are I would guess)

The second could be very nice. I'm not sure of the best way to do it without a sheet. Perhaps a 3rd thread called "need runes?" and if someone does need [Simia] runes they can post and anyone planning to upgrade a [simia] soon can private message them so that they grab the top chest early.
If you won't find some fellowship using it (I believe it's much more comfy) I can add you to our google sheet and notifications thread.
I'm in a NetZero swap with people who are not in my FS and it's a little awkward* since I have to visit their city and find the wonder. Netzero in a FS is easier.

*But still easily the best system I've ever used, and I think I've used them all.

Karvest

After visiting you can press the button and get same list of AWs with "favorite" mark as you get from FS list. But opening mail and waiting for city to load on visit is annoying.
How long it would take for Inno to add AW list action to other lists/context menus...

GorGlin

@Karvest
I agree, finding a community that uses the system would be best, but apart from the three of us, no one writes here, so I would like you to add me to your google sheet and notifications thread.

DeletedUser3726

Spreadsheet was originally created when there were no info about chest value ingame, so using it was almost mandatory.
Now using it is just a matter of personal preference, for me visual representation in a single window is more comfy than a bunch of messages, especially when it comes to troubleshooting.
Spreadsheet have some miscellaneous advantages though:

If you won't find some fellowship using it (I believe it's much more comfy), I can add you to our google sheet and notifications thread.
In my international fellowship we have a single message thread that goes like this:
Eudaemonia - Needles 6 5 4 3 2 1

The numbers correlate to the chest numbers. If someone wants to help they copy the message and post it back as a reply removing the last number. That player then goes and fills chest 1. If another player has an AW to post they'll simply add it beneath mine. Players can choose to take a chest on both or just 1.
Once the last chest has been taken that player posts 'clear' next to the name & AW.
No spreadsheets and no mixups to date. I can literally shop for the runes I want.

Karvest

As I said, that's just a matter of personal preference. You like to see a bunch of messages and copy-paste numbers, I prefer to see the full picture and just select my name from the list.