• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate [City] Welcome message when visiting a city

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser126

So we all know that most of us use city name to relay small information. But thats wrong. but necessary.

Why not allow to display a welcome message to people visiting your city that would allow you to say something to them, like what materials you trade right now, what do you want them to motivate first, few words about themselves etc.

Imagination is the limit!

I dont see any harm in it and it would make visiting other cities A LOT more interesting and less of boring chore you do for extra gold only.

DeletedUser

Right, so you could give your city a normal name instead of ''polish my culture items'' ;)

Good idea.

DeletedUser

Wholeheartedly agree here! I always cringe seeing city name fields "abused" for neighbourly help instructions.

One could even design a cultural object as welcome-message holder, for example:
* wooden signpost, provides culture bonus and a mouse-over tooltip/popup text window for a short welcoming/city information text, upgrade ->
* small administrative building, more culture and longer text, upgrade ->
* larger administrative building, even more culture and longer text

DeletedUser

Total support for this. I've been messaging my active neighbors, tho, and it usually works.

DeletedUser

Within the ongoing discussion, where to leave small pieces of information, what kind of help is wanted in a city, I prefer the idea of a 'welcome message'. A profile text could be somewhat longer and also serve additional purposes.

Important for me is, that the message is displayed automatically, no action at all has to be taken by a visitor to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.