• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Review of Quest Rewards

DeletedUser58

The post may be a bit long, but please bear with me, I believe the point I'm trying to make is worth the time.

Basically, while I'm enjoying the game quests so far, I feel the main issue I have with them in general is the rewards are way too disproportionate between any two quests.

For example, one quest I had earlier today:
1BW0Oe9.png
30,000 coin for five 1 hour supply productions, something I would have to produce anyway (even if the quest didn't ask for it), and it costs nothing.

Here's a quest that came shortly after that:
F9xntiR.png
10,000 coin and 2,000 supplies for something that will take me a few hours to accomplish, but also prevent me from fighting any encounters in that period since I must keep that number of units. The production of these units also costs me supplies, and it pushes me to produce units which I personally may not use/need.

Here's a third case:
xpC1sLw.png
15,000 coin and 1,500 supplies for something that takes 9 hours and a certain amount of coin and supplies to produce. While it is for my boosted goods type and I would be doing productions anyway, this quest pushes me to use a production time which I may not use AND since this production is less efficient than using multiples of 3 hour productions, it also costs me goods. There is a known bug which allows you to start the productions, accomplish the quest, and cancel the productions - which makes this quest far too easy, but when the bug's resolved this would be a costly quest with a medium reward. On the other hand the first example is something super easy and without a cost but with a large reward.

These are the only three quests I took a screenshot of, but if I can get more I'll add them for further comparison.

Now obviously a huge number of the quests are optional and a player can decline them if they feel the quests aren't worth their trouble. But in my opinion that's not reason enough to have such fluctuation in the rewards.

DeletedUser

Right. That first one is hilarious though xD Maybe they do it so that people can get their hands on a nice sum of money easily. The 2nd one is bad imo, the reward isn't high enough for the amount of time you'll lose recruiting those warriors + not being able to fight any battles.

The 3rd one isn't all that bad, i had that kind of quest for my marble production, it seems you'll get the quest for your boosted goods, and most people have plenty of those buildings. Maybe they could add a goods reward to it, like 50 steel/marble/wood, so you won't lose any production, or at least not so much.

DeletedUser58

I definitely don't mind the coin from that first quest, they're quite welcome. :D

Obviously some quests will be easier and some harder, some will have weaker rewards and some better, but in a few instances it seems the differences are too drastic. Another example, just got this quest:
ZSedhB6.png
5,000 coin and 2,700 supplies for finishing a province. At the stage where I am, out of the 4 example quests I've listed this one with the province will take me the longest time, and will be the most difficult to achieve and I'll definitely suffer losses. Yet it has the smallest reward. I'll eventually finish a province so I don't have to decline this quest, but I just feel there's not much incentive in completing certain quests while there's too big of an incentive for completing others.

DeletedUser

Right. 5000 coins and 2700 supplies is a poor reward for all the hard work and troop losses which you'll have to recruit again at the cost of...supplies. I'd like to see them add something to this quest like 200 troops or something. Finishing a province takes alot of time, and costs alot of supplies, so this reward is indeed not satisfying enough.

DeletedUser209

The quest with soldiers counts army that you made before so it might explain why the reward isn't that high.

The quest with warrior mask doesn't have to be long. You can build more goods buildings and sell them after the quest or keep using them. Currently I have 3 of each and it is barely enough for me to advance without wasting KP.

Finish province depends. I have finished around 15 provinces and I still have no troubles fighting on auto. I do lose warriors but it's not a lot.

Currently I'm doing repeatable quests (I don't know how they are called) and I get most of resources from them. These are gather goods (3 quests), train 100 warriors, solve 3 encounter, finish a province (these 2 I omit, because I don't want to waste KP). I have 3 of each early goods buildings. 3 at lvl 3 and 6 at lvl 1. I can do the goods quest every 3 hours and between them I'm doing the train quest.

DeletedUser58

The soldiers one counts the units you currently own. It's not asking for producing units but for you to own that number of soldiers. The issue is in order for me to keep 150 of both I have to forget fighting till I reach those numbers. It's slowing down my plans and progress.

The issue with producing warrior masks isn't the goods buildings, I have 9 of those. The issue is it forces me to use a specific production cycle. I could do 3 hour productions three times in that same period and I'd get almost 3 times the number of goods I'll get from that 9 hour production it wants me to do.

I had completed about 20ish provinces when I got the acquire province quest. The only provinces I had open had Mortars+Knights and Orcs+War Dogs. Both of those cost me a lot of units and time to acquire. Negotiating is simply not possible because one had ridiculously high demands of tier 1 goods (and there are no active players to trade with) while the other area demands tier 2 goods which I'm not even producing yet.

I don't have an issue with the quests. I have an issue with how small their rewards are, when on the other hand there are some super easy and quick quests giving ridiculously high rewards. They may be there for fun but I'd be having more fun if all quests had decent rewards. :) If I end up skipping these because they're not rewarding enough, what good are they?

DeletedUser136

I have a quest up which requires gaining 5 silk relics with a reward of 5000 coins and 4000 supplies... which would be reasonable except my next silk province is going to cost me 45000 coins just to scout. I will eventually get to it, but the reward seems very low for the cost of exploration plus the troop damage I will take :(

DeletedUser136

... and now I have a quest which requires me to simply MOVE 4 buildings with a reward of 35000 coins and 2500 supplies :)

DeletedUser58

Just to move them? I don't think I've had that one, I think I'd remember it. lol