• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Neighborly Culture or Main Hall or Builder bonus tied to your actions too

DeletedUser651

The Problem:

Helping your neighbors helps them a lot more than it helps you, thus the incentive to give neighborly help is weak. Plus, you are always at the mercy of your neighbors to be nice back to you and if you don't have that many people in your neighborhood (something you can't guarantee even after this stops being beta), you are really at a disadvantage.

Currently, players are desperate for culture boosts from neighbors at all times of the day and we have no way to help ourselves with this problem, we are at the mercy of others. Some players are desperate for builder help. Others want coins.

My suggestion:
Give the player an option to get an additional boost if they help ALL their neighbors. Have a box that pops up and says "Hey, you are a great neighbor! Thanks for helping everyone in your area! Choose which neighborly help boost you would like for yourself for the next 24 hours: a. 10,000 additional coins b. an additional 5% help to your builders or c. 4 hours of culture boost. (Or if these specific numbers are a bit off, tweak them a bit)

The rationale behind the suggestion:

This way it would benefit everyone to go to ALL their neighbors each and every day and MORE people would stop by your place. This would encourage more neighborly help. Oh, sure, you get that tiny amount of coins, but that doesn't do that much and it isn't enough of a bonus. And everyone is having trouble with the culture bonus and not getting enough help with it. If your friends are stopping by for a culture boost at a time that doesn't help you so much, you can choose for yourself when you get that extra culture boost by choosing when you go help your neighbors. This way, if you need more builder help you could choose it....if you need more culture...you could choose that...and if you want more coins to buy goods...you could choose that too. Each person can tailor things the way they want and it gives more ways to play the game.

Plus, it shouldn't benefit players to NOT help their neighbors so much, nor should it potentially harm you in the rankings to help your neighbors. Because as it is, I only get a few coins for giving my neighbor a culture boost which could benefit my neighbor by tens of thousands of coins and workshop bonuses....so they get more help than I receive. That skews the incentive to help. This would help balance that out and get more people helping each other.

DeletedUser43

This idea is related to this thread (click), as it serves the same purpose: to increase the amount of neighbourly help. However, I'm leaving this thread open as the ideas offer different solutions for the same problem. I'm wondering which solution would be preferred. :)

DeletedUser236

I actually really like this idea!! The received 'bonus' isn't huge, but good enough for people to take the effort to visit all discovered neighbors.. I like the idea of picking a bonus which lives up to your own needs (i.e. culture, coins, workers).. I would still like to see a better way to help neighbors though (but that's already suggested in this (click) thread ;))..

A big +1 from me for your idea!

DeletedUser651

Lauwi, I do like the other idea as well, however the problems with it are that 1. I think it is too large of a boost. But of course you could always tweak the numbers. The big problem is that if I want builders and my neighbor wants culture I won't be being very neighborly in giving him only the builder help I want. Plus, if all my neighbors have already had their builders boosted, I can't boost myself.

The benefit of this is that each of us can help our neighbors in the way they want help and we can help ourselves. Plus, I tried to make sure that it isn't a gigantic benefit that skews game play, but enough of a benefit that it is worth doing. I took the game as it is designed now....get bonus coins for helping neighbors...which presumably the designers came up with so that it would be worth visiting others, and tweaked it just enough so that it could solve other issues we are having. I tried to keep the bonus amounts in line with the current bonus so that the game doesn't get off kilter.

DeletedUser

so would this bonus be in addition to the coins / coins and supplies you get for helping your neighbour or instead of the coins / coins and supplies you get for helping your neighbour?

DeletedUser236

so would this bonus be in addition to the coins / coins and supplies you get for helping your neighbour or instead of the coins / coins and supplies you get for helping your neighbour?

The idea states additional.. Im in favour of an additional bonus, so it shouldnt replace the coins/supplies

DeletedUser651

Additional. As an incentive to make sure you visit every neighbor around you, and don't just pick and choose. This would get more neighbors to make sure they hit everyone around them and would increase the social aspect of the game. Plus, it would make sure the new folks get visited too even if they aren't here now.

DeletedUser651

If you think the bonus of coins is too high, then drop it to half the number of coins you get when a neighbor visits you. That is the formula I was using for the builders and culture. I don't think it would change things all that much except ensure that everyone visit all their neighbors each day. It would help also tremendously offset the time zone problem of getting help when you aren't around which is useless to you.

DeletedUser236

But is that not making the game too easy?
You dont want a huge bonus, just enough to stimulate the players to visit all neighbors.. Maybe 4 hours 50% culture of your highest cultural building, - 5% for working time or some coins.. Just something that will benefit the ones that always help all neighbors but nothing game balancing changing (and only once every 23 hours ofcours) :)

DeletedUser

The world is your to create they say. I don't care I already get my bonus in the for of 4500 supplies already alone for visiting all my neighbors. (The daily quest of getting 50k coins is easy.)

DeletedUser

How does this work ?? I mean i visit about 50 neighbors ...what will be the calculations for it on the bonus received by me?? .... because from the way I see it players will not be visiting all the 50 neighbors but only when and how much their personal requirement is ... Say I have 10 cultures in my city ...I will just visit 10 neighbors during my playing time to increase my bonus...there's no necessity for me to visit the other 40 ... maybe i m getting it all wrong ...so please do elaborate a little more how this works for me to give my approval on this ...

DeletedUser236

How does this work ?? I mean i visit about 50 neighbors ...what will be the calculations for it on the bonus received by me?? .... because from the way I see it players will not be visiting all the 50 neighbors but only when and how much their personal requirement is ... Say I have 10 cultures in my city ...I will just visit 10 neighbors during my playing time to increase my bonus...there's no necessity for me to visit the other 40 ... maybe i m getting it all wrong ...so please do elaborate a little more how this works for me to give my approval on this ...
I think you only get one bonus after visiting all your neighbors, as a stimulance to actually visit and help all of them..

But maybe Bobby can clearify it (since im just giving my thoughts now and hijacking the thread with it :oops:)

DeletedUser651

Exactly. After you visit each and every neighbor you have the ability to, then and only then would you get the option of which bonus you would prefer for the day. A little box would pop up and congratulate for being a great neighbor and it would give you the choice of one of the three bonuses you choose...extra builder help...extra culture...or extra coins. You can only choose one bonus and you only get this once per day.

DeletedUser

I think you only get one bonus after visiting all your neighbors, as a stimulance to actually visit and help all of them..
SO how does it decide how many neighbors i visit???:confused: ... I can visit only 10 and not touch the other 40 ...will it still give me the bonus ?? or does it actually calculate all the neighbors i have discovered and then check if i have visited that many and then give me the bonus if i have fulfilled the criteria of visiting ALL the discovered neighbors??

DeletedUser651

The latter.

It will give you the bonus if you have fulfilled the criteria of visiting all of your discovered neighbors and giving each of them neighborly help.

As it stands now, you cannot give neighborly help to any neighbor you haven't yet discovered. So, this bonus would only apply to visiting and giving neighborly help to all your discovered neighbors.

DeletedUser

I really like this idea. It would hopefully encourage more people to help