• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [World Map] Neighborhood and inactive player suggestion (move player)

DeletedUser

• Find a better place:
  1. Choose to move or stay on the map should be given to players.
  2. I propose a building (like a 2x2 teleporter stone or somethnig like that) that allow player to randomly teleport the entire city on the map.
  3. This can be possible once every 2 weeks (or more).
That way we can leave an incative neighborhood or just try to find a batter trading place.

• Inactive players:
  1. Inactive player's cities should be suspended and remove from the map after some time (2 weeks?).
  2. They DON'T loose anyhing, they just suspended.
  3. When they log in again they have a choise: IF it's still available, they can come back in the same place they were. If not, they will be randomly placed elsewhere.
  4. There should be an "holiday mode" that lock the suspension if we plan to stay offline for some time.

Do you think it can work?

DeletedUser967

• Inactive players:
  1. Inactive player's cities should be suspended and remove from the map after some time (2 weeks?).
  3. When they log in again they have a choise: IF it's still available, they can come back in the same place they were. If not, they will be randomly placed elsewhere.
  4. There should be an "holiday mode" that lock the suspension if we plan to stay offline for some time.

2 weeks? Crazy....:eek:
What with vacation where ppl leaving for 2-4weeks? Yaa 4point solution it but 2 weeks not enough it should be 1 or 2 months where account will be deletedafter max of time. If you are inactive 1 month then you can be removed from map while you log again but completly removed when you are inactive 2 moths.

DeletedUser

Well 2 weeks was an idea... if player can move own city aways, then inactive player can stay for long time.

But if i'm a new player and i "born" in an inactive neighborhood, and i'm stucked there for more than 1 month, with trading problems, i probably quit the game soon...

I really don't understand what can be the problem for an inactive player: they don't loose nothing, just be removed from map until they login again. Of course an "holiday mode" need to be implemented, too.

DeletedUser481

:) OK :)) I dont wanna holiday a longer as 1 1/2 week :)
I think this game will be long time ( ... ehm I hope :)) What about move player after min One or more months ( depending on the size of city ) on the border of the map and free space on the map assign a new player ( new player or player who started in last time or player has only inactive neighbors or player ... ehm ... which is good player or player which has nice nick or ... okay okay ).

But still problems ... f.e. Ive got neighbor which finished with game becauase "Bored" :( she was communicative and active and good neighboo ). So, she finished, but it is now. What if - She will not get bored or Elvenar will be some new interest function in future? I want this neighbor ...
... and also I want teleport somewhere - where are an easier provinces for capture :)

DeletedUser

:) OK :)) I dont wanna holiday a longer as 1 1/2 week :)
I think this game will be long time ( ... ehm I hope :)) What about move player after min One or more months ( depending on the size of city ) on the border of the map and free space on the map assign a new player ( new player or player who started in last time or player has only inactive neighbors or player ... ehm ... which is good player or player which has nice nick or ... okay okay ).

But still problems ... f.e. Ive got neighbor which finished with game becauase "Bored" :( she was communicative and active and good neighboo ). So, she finished, but it is now. What if - She will not get bored or Elvenar will be some new interest function in future? I want this neighbor ...
... and also I want teleport somewhere - where are an easier provinces for capture :)

If i clearly understood you, you're worry about loosing your friends or good neighboors. That's why i think the choice of moving his own city is for the player: i can have the chance to stay where i am OR i can choose (once every tot time) to try finding a better neightborhood.
For example:
  • I'm surrounded by inactive players, ex-players, friends who stopped playing, ecc. I decide i want still be here: i do nothing.
  • I'm surrounded by inactive players, ex-players, friends who stopped playing, ecc. I decide to try find other friens, better trading offers, ecc: i click my teleport option and i'm randomly teleported elsewhere. I start to keep an eye on merchant, look at my new neightborhood,ecc let's say for 2 weeks; then i will decide if stay or try another place.
Do i understood you properly?

DeletedUser

2 weeks? Crazy....:eek:
... but completly removed when you are inactive 2 moths.

I never talked about completely removed players. You can also be compeltely removed after 6 month/1 year... the important thing is that you are NOT on the map taking place of active players for too many time.

DeletedUser481

Do i understood you properly?
Both we see the problem same :)
Only this solving... hmhhh ... maybe some Button in map "I havent active Neighbours" and subsequent grouping players which clicked on this button ... hmhhh.... I dont know, but problems Why I cannot play can be a lot of ... and move or remove other players isnt good :(
And teleport can give rise to anarchy :( when half of a players wants to go :)

DeletedUser

Do we get vacation time like with Grepolis? What if I am a month or two without internet? It isn't my fault if I lose my city.

DeletedUser

Ok I am in favour of being able to port to a new spot and the inactive thing, I have several cities near me that are were just started and then no one has done anything else with them. At the rate we are going we will end up with a neighbourhood of dead accounts. And why does this forum keep underlining my CORRECT spelling, If this is an English speaking server then let us have English.

DeletedUser326

Ok I am in favour of being able to port to a new spot and the inactive thing, I have several cities near me that are were just started and then no one has done anything else with them. At the rate we are going we will end up with a neighbourhood of dead accounts. And why does this forum keep underlining my CORRECT spelling, If this is an English speaking server then let us have English.
Where do you want to teleport to?
All space is used except the border where you have the same Situation. I think there will be a System like in FoE where inactives are moved to the "border" and active Players take their place.

And your spelling is underlined because your System language is another one like english? Mine is german and my spelling is underlined to because i don't write in my System language which is used for correcting my words/spelling.

DeletedUser

Yep, got the same issue. My browser is configured to Dutch yet I use English.

DeletedUser

I want to port away to an area where I am not surrounded by in-actives, to a neighbourhood where there are actually people who have been playing for more than a day. in Forge it doesn't matter if other players are not playing because your neighbourhood is governed by their points, so all low pointed people will be grouped together. here it is governed by your geographical location on the map.

DeletedUser

• Find a better place:
  1. Choose to move or stay on the map should be given to players.
  2. I propose a building (like a 2x2 teleporter stone or somethnig like that) that allow player to randomly teleport the entire city on the map.
  3. This can be possible once every 2 weeks (or more).
That way we can leave an incative neighborhood or just try to find a batter trading place.

• Inactive players:

I agree with all the above. I am in an area where all but 2 are inactive. No trading is going on and my 2 active friends have the same goods boosted. I also hope this building will be added soon. The teleporter should also work with diamonds so we can choose where to locate it. Gold or goods should be used for random relocation.

DeletedUser1237

Hello everybody, i am also annoyed with the huge empty spots on the map around me. Now that all very inactive players have been deleted.
Please, dear developers, find more players to populate the world again or give us an option to visit/trade with players which are not discovered yet. Greetings

DeletedUser

Yesterday I've found the first new active player in the map: I've written to him for my preferences and he's answered for his ones...it seems a miracle :D