• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Riviving Units - Changes in Premium

DeletedUser

You increase the costs and you apologize it as the same time? Why? If you reduce the costs... okay you can apologize, because the old players had an disadvantage.
For me is the old prize expensive... and the new, too :). I will never use it... because I don`t fight, I usually loose all my troops.

DeletedUser317

i never use it, and i think never i will use. And find it now really expensive and if going to up even more the cost, for sure i wil not use in any case, even if i lost a super ultra Premium over powered unit :D.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, i believe that reviving should be less costing. This way, why i should train again my unit and not just pay with diamonds to revive them? This mean, more and more diamonds will be used. Or 1 diamond for each melee unit (axe barbarian), 2 diamonds for each crossbowman, 3 for each cerberus, 4 for each paladin and 5 for each priest.

DeletedUser126

Not using it either and never will, its against my policy, not that its needed.

I have tens of thousands of units and nothing to fight with them as the Sectors are to hard to ever win anything :)

DeletedUser

If you can afford to almost double revival costs there are obviously people using this possibility, which I find quite astonishing. Spending diamonds here and there myself it would still never occur to me to invest them in troop resurrection. In my eyes this is one of the absolutely expendable offers, even more so as combat is vastly inferior to negotiation.

DeletedUser205

if somebody wants to buy army, it is now cheaper to do so by reviving units - and that to cancel is the plan with the new costs after update. After march 17th the costs are the same as to buy army with diamonds in the barracks).

I don't feel any interest in buying army (and the more expensive the less I feel ;-) ).
Waitingtimes are growing near to the point of boredom in my levelarea, compared with my (in)patience.
There is plenty of time to build army while waiting that my way on the researchpath is going further.
Shure, I could rush that a little bit with fighting more encounters.
But the bottleneck there is not the quantity of armee I've got in my barracks, but the squad-size (and the skills my army has now, compared with some of my enemies).
And the bottleneck no. 2 is the number of coins I need to scout next provinces.

Under the aspect of "I would pay for the fun of active playing" I feel the costs for army as to high compared with the very short time of fighting fun.

DeletedUser

I've always felt that the revive cost was too expensive and never used it. Increasing the cost guarantees that I never will.

DeletedUser58

I'm not really using the feature, but that's mostly because I'm not spending a lot of money on the game (the few I dropped were for an extra builder and a few expansions).

However, I don't think the feature is expensive right now because I'm still fighting and it takes A LOT of time to train enough units (they've become easy to lose so it's hard to maintain a larger number if you're actively fighting). The convenience to automatically revive whole troops and do multiple battles with them (without waiting the time for them to train) is huge. With increased costs it may be a more expensive feature, though I don't think it would be overly expensive.

But if you're not spending a lot on diamonds then this likely wouldn't be very high on your "to-buy" list anyway. Even less so with increased costs.

DeletedUser205

shure it is a personal perception, what somebody feels as to high costs.

Let me explain my view please:
to revive a squad of sworddancers (84 in my level) costs 48 diamonds (that is the cheapest army to revive)

48 Dias is (depending on the rate you bought) 29Cent-40Cent (in my Case 31Cent, because I bought 8000 diamonds for 50 Euro).
5 squats SD than is 1,55 Euro for me.
NOW, - because after the update it is 80% more = 55Cent for 1 squad / 2,75Euro for 5 squads

Time to train 1 squad of Sworddancers for me is now 98 Min (rounded)
= 6 Std 10 min for 5 squads.

1,55 (and after update 2,75) Euro to spare over 6 hours waitingtime could be temptingly

But I judge from another view ("paying for the fun of active playing"):
1,55 Euro or later 2,75 Euro for the fun of fighting 1 encounter for 5-10 Minutes on an average ... I don't want to spend.
(theoretically converted that is over 18 Euros for 1 hour active playing).

Probably if somebody feels a pressure to level in the scores, he likes to spend that costs for revives for that happiness?

My diamonds go away for things which have a yield for longer time.

DeletedUser58

That's quite understandable, and I'm not saying it's a cheap feature, but compared to other similar features it is currently cheaper (before they increase the costs). It takes me about 98 minutes to train a whole squad as well and I can revive that same squad for 48 diamonds at the moment. As you yourself pointed out the cost for instant-training squads in the barracks is currently higher. On the other hand it costs 45 diamonds to buy a KP which would otherwise take 60 minutes to produce itself. And I can't check the diamond cost of coin and supplies because I currently have excess of those, but I remember they were expensive as well. These are all things you can get for free and in the same day as well, but they still take a bit of time so for those who are impatient and have money to spare, they're still useful.

Not to be taken the wrong way, I'm not promoting the feature nor did I intend to persuade anyone to spend diamonds for that through my post (I don't use diamonds for that as I mentioned), just expressing my own views. Features like these aren't very useful in long-term, yes (though indirectly they still help as you're still progressing a bit ahead whether it is with research or encounters, and that means you're progressing with new buildings and updates as well as relics/boosted goods from the map). But they're highly convenient and that has its own price. I don't think they should be very expensive, but I see how the current prices for reviving units are a bit too small in comparison to A) other similar features B) instant-training in the barracks. And because of those who do use features like these, I think the costs to revive units shouldn't be any lower than to instantly train them in the barracks.

DeletedUser205

... I don't think they should be very expensive, but I see how the current prices for reviving units are a bit too small in comparison to A) other similar features B) instant-training in the barracks. And because of those who do use features like these, I think the costs to revive units shouldn't be any lower than to instantly train them in the barracks.

I agree and think, the costs for instant-training are to expensive either - compared with the nearly impossibility to fight with success in higher levels, as somebody reports his experiences.
that looks fairly unbalanced to me in that stadium of development.

in other words:
the price to spend in diamonds to spare the long training-time looks suitable,
but the time for training is to long in my opinion.

DeletedUser231

Well it will only cost your company money in the long run. The current cost of REVIVAL is to EXPENSIVE. I do not hesitate to spend money if the deal is reasonable and at the current rate of revival it is too expensive. Now you are raising the rates to almost double NO one will buy into this unreasonable increase. The more and more fighting I do the harder and harder it is. So buying revival over the long run at the current rates is prohibitively expensive. More so when you double the rates.

You guys are becoming way way way to greedy especially in beta.

We help to develop this game.
We offer improvement suggestions.
We help debug this game.
Mods work for free.

Now all we will see is VERY EXPENSIVE increases with very little to show for OUR EFFORT.

We pay and pay and pay again. You get our labor for FREE, our suggestions for nothing and hardly any DIAMONDS for it. You would at the very least provide the active contributing players with some incentives.

A Diamond contest or something...anything.

Your company is getting way to greedy and thus it is ruining many of your products.

For example...Greplois

It has degenerated into a PAY TO WIN game. Players with big pocket books buying there way to the top of the game seeing who can out spend all the rest. The last TROY contest was way way over the top. Some players had 5-6 cities very shortly after Beginning protection. Vast fleet of Light ships and 1000's of harpies. How can anyone compete with the heavy spenders?

Tribal wars 2 as well....I was looking forward to playing this newer version but it is a huge cash cow for you guys at INNOGAMES. Absolutely no point playing when a premium buyer kills a person right out of beginning protection and they have HUGE HUGE armies they bought every day. IMPOSSIBLE to compete even with skill if they out buy other players. Sure force will defeat anyone.

So in conclusion....You guys are becoming way to greedy. Your games used to be FUN but now your creating a PAY TO WIN systems they are quickly losing interest to many players. I have tried to remain very loyal to your product, but I can see a day where I will take my business elsewhere. At this moment I will not be buying any more diamonds because of my FEAR this game might not make it out of closed beta and all my current purchases will be utterly wasted and no refunds will be offered.

The worst thing a company can do is lose consumer confidence.

Edited by Goryn. Please try not to use inappropriate language in the future, as it is a violation of our forum rules. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

I play the Foe Beta and free diamonds are given with every update!
This being a closed Beta ( full of mistakes ) same should be done here!!
After all we're all here to point or find those mistakes! By charging players
for this should slow this down quite a bit!...

DeletedUser118

So you only wanna look for bugs if you get paid with daimonds, GrafKoks2? At least that's the way it sounds. I don't think that's the idea of a beta. You should be doing this on your own purpose to have a well running game. Maybe some of you see it differently but I sure see it like that. I don't need to be paid here for anything. I'm getting paid already with a fun and bugfree game to play. :)

DeletedUser205

hm katzenprinz, I didn't see a bugfree game online till today ;-)
My opinion is inbetween:
a) why should they pay for testing betas? I don't expect that
b) it's pretty expensive in elvenars beta. Are they testing, how many players accept these prices? (I did, but I wouldn't recommend, because the game leads into boredom the further you go). --> I would like a bit generosity in spending diamonds for the brave betatester

DeletedUser157

I personally play beta to test the game and help find bugs i really don't care if i get diamonds or not. If i do then cool that would be a awesome bonus but i will continue to test and search them nasty bugs either way. If you only play to get free diamonds then you should leave now because there is less than a 3% chance of getting any at this stage.

DeletedUser

I play the Foe Beta and free diamonds are given with every update!
This being a closed Beta ( full of mistakes ) same should be done here!!
After all we're all here to point or find those mistakes! By charging players
for this should slow this down quite a bit!...

FOE is not closed beta, that's the difference. Innogames doesn't charge its players as the games are free2play, and they don't have to hand out free premium just because we report bugs here.

DeletedUser

No effect on me as i don't and wont use it. Didn't in FoE either. Better things to use diamonds on imo.