• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Bonus Recalculation - Changes in Culture

DeletedUser580

I think that this might be a good thing. I know we have some problems with inactive neighbors, but when we get guilds and more active neighbors it will help to reach/stay in high culture bonusses. On the first sight it looks fine for me, but I/we have to test it and how it affects our city.

But do I understand right ... we need more culture to reach the 120% and 150% but less to reach 175% and 200%? .... we will see. Might be a good thing. :)

DeletedUser236

But do I understand right ... we need more culture to reach the 120% and 150% but less to reach 175% and 200%? .... we will see. Might be a good thing. :)

I read it like you need 1000 culture to reach the next bonus level, no matter what % you at..

If I understand correctly, the 200% will be replaced by a lower %?? Not sure if I want 3 of my neighbors to motivate my culture for a 10% boost.. Maybe it will be more profitable to get coins from motivated main hall instead..

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1000 Culture is an example used to illustrate the changes. The actual amount between Bonus levels is dependant on your available Culture and your working Population. The distance between Bonus levels will be equal, though: so the amount of needed Culture from Bonus level 1 (125%) to Bonus level 2 (150%) will be the same as the amount of needed culture between Bonus level 3 (160%) and Bonus level 4 (170%). The way it is in the current system, you would need less Culture between level 1 and 2, and more between 3 and 4. This has now been changed so that the amount between the levels is now always equal in relation to each other.

So, different example:
If you need 1000 Culture to reach Bonus level 1, you will need an additional 1000 Culture to reach level 2, and an additional 1000 to reach level 3, et cetera.

And, indeed: the 200% bonus will no longer exist. The new maximum will be 170%. But, you will now also receive a bigger boost on the lower levels (that is: 125% and 150%, compared to the current 120% and 140%).

ThaMartin

I think it's a good development. Getting to the higher levels without putting massive amounts of diamonds in it, was quite impossible later in game so I hope this improves it!

DeletedUser420

Congratulations on a job well done!!!

One thing that wasn't broken you decided to fix by making it less useful and by doing so you managed to make almost non-existing interactivity even less appealing.
I thought that this is supposed to be an MMO?
At least tell me that you're making the boost interval last longer?

DeletedUser119

I usually note from time to time the culture required for my current bonus and the next.
And so far culture required between 120% bonus and 140% bonus is already almost the same value (always the same more or less 100 culture)

Exemple with my city 2 days ago :
to reach 120% I needed 1700 available culture
to reach 140% I needed 3500 available culture
to reach 170% I needed 7000 available culture
never been able to reach 200% bonus since a long time

So with the new system it should be (if I understood correctly) :
to reach 125% I needed 1700 available culture (same culture required for 5% more coins/supplies)
to reach 150% I needed 3400 available culture (10% more coins/supplies for less 100 culture)
to reach 160% I needed 5100 available culture (a lot less culture needed for this bonus, but less 10% coins/supplies)
to reach 170% I needed 6800 available culture (less 200 culture for this bonus compared to before)
no more 200% bonus (less 30% coins/supplies for people who are currently at 200%)

So I'm not sure this will solve anything...
In some case it could give a little more coins/supplies, but I'm not sure it'll be worth to build more cultural buildings to get these bonus.

I'll probably just stay at 100%. We'll see next week.

But thank you to developpers who try to improve this :)

DeletedUser252

I think that this might be a good thing. I know we have some problems with inactive neighbors, but when we get guilds and more active neighbors it will help to reach/stay in high culture bonusses. On the first sight it looks fine for me, but I/we have to test it and how it affects our city.
My thoughts exactly.
Maybe my 3 heplfull neigbors will do the trick

DeletedUser

In some case it could give a little more coins/supplies, but I'm not sure it'll be worth to build more cultural buildings to get these bonus.

That's the whole point, you should not build more culture buildings as you will need the space for other things. I see alot of cities with 25+ culture buildings, that's way too many, and for many people 200% was impossible anyway. Now you can get a better bonus easier with a little help from your neighbours.

DeletedUser

That's the whole point, you should not build more culture buildings as you will need the space for other things.
I'm only at mid-tech tree, so I may miss a lot of things, but what other buildings?
At the time, having your boosted manufactories, your barracks, enough residences and workshops to support all that seems enough.
I do not see any interest in having more of those.

DeletedUser205

well, I have a lot of culturebuildings now.
brush half of them away then, to get more space??
I fear, my 5 active visiting neighbors can't shoulder the responsibility to get me to the highest possibility with culture
(and there are some, who always polish mainhall ..., mails didn't help).

I'm not shure, whether the changes work together with the inactive-neighbors-problem.
Might be a step based on hope, that neighborly help would act better in future?

My opinion: First the problems with neighbormechanic should been fixed, before changings will start, which are based on neighborly helpings.

b.t.w.: isn't it always a greater step in scoring, when you place some culture?
is it attractive to renounce building culture objects then?
Because I'm not always with my eyes in the scoring list, I'm not shure, whether there is a connection

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

We intend on players reaching the second Bonus level by themselves, but rely on neighbors to help them reach the highest Bonus via the Neighborly Help feature.
I'm at 170% by myself atm and i would need 3 neighbours polishing my boats at the same time to reach 200%.
With 1-3 neighbours visiting me per day i fear this update will be a loss of production for me.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a solid improvement to me. We'll have to wait and see it in action to know though.

DeletedUser

I am trying to maintain 200% all the time on my own from the start ... as I have a small city with lesser buildings , Now this change is going to affect me really bad ... My production and coins output are going to reduce a lot with 170% ...Also before doing this atleast the dev's should have thought of changing the 8hrs Neighborly help time limit to 12 hrs .... the current 8hrs is of no use at all as all players belong to different time zone and we cannot get enough help for the cultures throughout the 24hrs ... As others have already mentioned I hardly get 3 helps a day and all around the same time ...my offline time ....leaving me without any help during my main playing hours .... So How is this change going to be of any help to players like me ??..... Another problem being in a dead neighborhood which I do think is a temporary problem in the closed beta only but then again this change could have been brought after the introduction of a guild / alliance system ...that time this system might have been more appropriate....:(

Edit : I was never bothered about the lower level of bonuses as I always tried to maintain it at 200% .... SO it doesn't make any difference having those lower level bonuses increased to players like me who I think are in a majority at the moment ...

DeletedUser157

the dev's should have thought of changing the 8hrs Neighborly help time limit to 12 hrs .... the current 8hrs is of no use at all as all players belong to different time zone and we cannot get enough help for the cultures throughout the 24hrs

Maybe something to think about posting in the idea forum. I for one would +1 that.

DeletedUser

Maybe something to think about posting in the idea forum. I for one would +1 that.

I thought there's already been a suggestion like that in the ideas & Suggestions section ... I m sure i have read it somewhere on this forum because if not I would have surely suggested it long time back ...;)..

By the way The announcement never says when is the update going to take place ...either that or I am blind as a bat :confused:...someone please confirm ... thank you ...

DeletedUser205

By the way The announcement never says when is the update going to take place ...either that or I am blind as a bat :confused:...someone please confirm ... thank you ...

See Announcements: "With our next update (to version 0.12) ..."